• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Trainer Revamps.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    pokemonhacker12345, review the Pixel Art rules for the requirements when posting. At the moment you have failed to post constructive comments.

Rye29, to what style exactly where you trying to revamp them to? As of now they don't really suit any pokemon style. The colours are too bright and your outlines lack any black or shading. Next time you revamp, refer to GBA or DS sprites and try to emulate the style.

faturtwig

Sprite Editor
    Years
    they are really good!

try to define the lines a little with some darker colors, but otherwise, they are sweet!

(mmm sweets)

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    These sprites aren't that great. All you did was add new colors and a single colered outline. You may want to add some black into the outline, and improve your shading.

faturtwig

Sprite Editor
    Years
    These sprites aren't that great. All you did was add new colors and a single colered outline. You may want to add some black into the outline, and improve your shading.

they look better than my sister's, and your right, they are just new colors and single outline....the shading needs improvment...

Rye29

Oh what
    Years
    they look better than my sister's, and your right, they are just new colors and single outline....the shading needs improvment...
    The thing is, I'm not too good at shading. I know where the light source is, I just can't get it right. And I don't know where to put the black parts. Please help.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Maybe , you should start looking at some tutorials. They would help improve your shading. If you look at scratch sprite tutorials you can find that they will also help your outline.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I've found the best way to improve one's shading technique is by getting a similar sprite (in your case, other trainer sprites), and directly refer to their shading as you work.

It takes a bit of patience and practice though, no one's great at it straight away.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Wow, those are very good. I'd give you a 9.8/10. Maybe on some of them you could bring out the color and shade more. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow i love your revamps!
    They look magnificet
    *i might use em ;)*

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Sigma Crobat, I've already given you a warning regarding your posts, and yet you're still not meeting the post requirements as stated in the pixel art rules. Celebi_XD and Johnny, you should also take note of the pixel art section posting requirements.

Years
    I must say they are good, but there is one thing that kind of borthers me.

The outlines are only one main color. You can use your shades and black in outlines insted of one color. Shades needs a little help, but you're okay for a beignner of revamps. ;)

~A.R

Back