• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen My Training Journey At Lake Acuity

TheBatPrince

Banned
    Years
    Hi all!

I just thought I'd share this journey.

Basically we were up in the Mountains. My humble team of a level 30's Ponyta, a Dodrio, a level 42 Luxray, a Garchomp named Gozavelga (don't remember how I got him :P) around level 48 or so, and some other noobies I forgot. We trekked and trekked, through the endless Iceland. I was feeding all my Pokemon lots of different Berries and Nutrition Drinks to keep them going! I was trying to level up my Ponyta into a Rapidash, and she was being fed lots of Moomoo Milk. I had purchased several bottles before the journey at the little lodge somewhere down on the Mainland!

We went through many rough times! Lots of times when we LEAST WANTED IT, a massive Abomasnow would appear to devour us alive. Ponyta's Fire Blast could fare pretty well, but she wasn't that equipped to utilize it the way you see those other Pokemon in the Stone Carvings near Violet City can. The Meditites popping up every so often were strangely the ones that nearly had us all Whited Out! At one point we even did White Out. I managed to catch a Gyarados along the way when surfing on Garchomp! It was usually Luxray that got us out of the VERY sticky situations, with Garchomp bailing us out if all else had failed. Dodrio couldn't do all that much though. He learned a neat strategy, of being able to keep on using Double Team and then Drill Pecking them to their demise!!! Muahaha! :D fufufufu!!!

By the end of our several week journey, Ponyta ended up evolving into a Rapidash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think she learned Take Down during that time!

NobleDragonite

Ace-Trainer No.5634623
    Years
    That's a nice story, in the end your ponyta has evolved. It was not easy to catch Gyaradas, especially because it's so hard to control. I imagine that very hard. But you got it, apart from the fact that you had to go through many other hard times, you brave your challenge with your beloved team. How did it continue? I think that's great stuff for a story. :)

Last edited:

TheBatPrince

Banned
    Years
    That's a nice story, in the end your ponyta has evolved. It was not easy to catch Gyaradas, especially because it's so hard to control. I imagine that very hard. But you got it, apart from the fact that you had to go through many other hard times, you brave your challenge with your beloved team. How did it continue? I think that's great stuff for a story. :)

Yes, I didn't go into much detail on that. But, the Gyarados just KEPT bugging us no matter much I tried to shoo her off!

Well I am planning another Training Journey in Sinnoh! Just not sure yet where. Usually my Garchomp is useful for getting out of Caves, because he knows Dig! I tried the Element of Ice....I'm not sure....maybe a Volcano journey! I'm bringing Articuno this time, I caught him back in 2007 :P.

Let's see...yes it will have to be Stark Mountain! It's the only place I can catch a Rhyhorn! I'm going to keep everyone except Dodrio for this trip. I neeed someone good for this...ah scratch the Rhyhorn. I need to train my level 52 Victreebell! And, I'll bring my level 2 Charmander :P.

My team going into the Journey is:

Garchomp - Level 48
    Surf
    Dragon Claw
    Shadow Claw
    Dig

Rapidash - Level 41
    Fury Attack
    Fire Blast
    Fire Spin
    Strength

Charmander - Level 2
    Scratch
    Growl (very cute)
    ---
    ---

Articuno - Level 50
    Ancient Power
    Powder Snow
    Fly
    Ice Beam

Luxray - Level 43
    Crunch
    Thunder
    Swagger
    Thunder Fang

Victreebell - Level 52

I got a bottle of Protein Drink for my Charmander after his first Fight! :P. Going to feed my Ponyta a quick Zinc, (the poor thing has been doped on so much Moomoo Milk and Lemonade, it's a wonder it can even stand) then continue shopping here at the Veilstone Department Store! I need to get the Toxic Technical Machine for my Victreebell, as there's a good chance Stark Mountain is going to have CRAZY STRONG Pokemon there. Ah dang it...they don't have it! I need that TM....maybe Hearthome will have it! Before we fly out there on Articuno (the bugger can get there pretty darn fast!), I'm going to pick up lots of Lemonade and Water! That's pretty much all we train on! A pure Chemical Diet of Potions is not good for a Pokemon.

(At Hearthhome)

Well that was a waste...they don't even have a big Department Store!

Map! (PokeGear is not always the best way to see the land, nothing beats a good old fashion rustling of pages :P)

Okay, there's no other big Stores in this Region. Bummer! I'll swing by Pastoria, hopefully the old guy can teach my Victreeibell something.

(At Pastoria)

1 last Heart Scale. Used the only other one teaching my Articuno Ancient Power! Let's see....Sleep Powder it is!

Victreebell now knows:
    Sleep Powder
    Cut
    Wring Out
    Razor Leaf

Gotta catch the Snowpoint Ferry!

Last edited:

NobleDragonite

Ace-Trainer No.5634623
    Years
    And all that for a TM, at least you got a useful one in the end. Even if it has not been Toxic. Even though there should be very strong Pokemon on the mountain, I think that they will not be a challenge for Articuno.
    Victribell is also very strong, you have a strong team. :)

Back