• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Umbreon

Zack_tehkid

Fighting Cat
    Years
    So this gen I started the whole EV training and IV thing. I still am grasping the entire concept of how I figure IVs and such. I used the calculator and got this.

Umbreon
    Sassy lv 31
    HP: 107 (24/0)
    Atk: 47 (7/0)
    Def: 75 (7/0)
    Sp.Atk: 46 (14/0)
    Sp.Def: 104 (31/0)
    Spd: 44 (13/0)
    Spd: 44 (13/0)
    (Hidden Power: Grass)

I guess I'll post her moveset also.
    Swagger
    Tail Whip
    Captivate
    Helping Hand(Eventually Moonlight will replace)

I know 31 is the highest right? So this means my Umbreon has perfect Ivs in Sp Def? If so I got lucky since she was bred for Sp. Wall/annoyance.

So can someone give me some more insight on IVs?

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
    Yeh I guess your Umbreon has awesome Sp DEF IVs

Im just suggesting movesets for an annoyer Umbreon
    Holding Leftovers
    -Wish
    -Toxic/Confuse Ray
    -Protect
    -Mean Look

or

a Baton Passer Umbreon

~Mean Look
    ~Curse
    ~Wish
    ~Baton Pass

Try breeding it again to get Bold Nature

Zack_tehkid

Fighting Cat
    Years
    Yeh I guess your Umbreon has awesome Sp DEF IVs

Im just suggesting movesets for an annoyer Umbreon
    Holding Leftovers
    -Wish
    -Toxic/Confuse Ray
    -Protect
    -Mean Look

I considered this moveset. Protect is a sure thing I'll add in the end.

How about this?
    Holding Leftovers
    -Moonlight
    -Swagger/Confuse Ray
    -Protect
    -Mean Look

I never cared much for Wish to be honest. I know swagger is risky due to attack increase and that confuse ray is more sensible but so far I've had alot of luck with Swagger(took down entire uber team once) so I might keep it. Thanks for the Mean Look idea. I'l be sure to add that to the moveset.

Thanks.
    Zack~

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
    Umbreon is used mostly as a Toxic trapper, and with Wish you can heal yourself + other teammates, and the reason Wish is somehow well sort of better is that if you trap a Special sweeper you will annoy them so much

Zack_tehkid

Fighting Cat
    Years
    Umbreon is used mostly as a Toxic trapper, and with Wish you can heal yourself + other teammates, and the reason Wish is somehow well sort of better is that if you trap a Special sweeper you will annoy them so much

I was just about to mention that I had forgotten Wish's team heal ability. Makes alot of sense to use. I'll try it out and decide.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    The other advantage of Wishpassing along with Curse is Umbreon can take the hit, while your team member is healed instead (and with Umbreon's defences, taking a hit is usually quite feasible)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I dont know much about battlin but i think Mean look is a bit pointless without toxic of destiny bond on the same poke :)

Years
    Umbreon is used mostly as a Toxic trapper

I cried at this statement.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Sassy Nature
    Wish/Moonlight
    Taunt
    Mean Look
    Baton Pass

The essential master of trap and support. Mean look opponents that are stupid enough not to switch a counter, then if it is a phazer or stat upper, Taunt them. Wish/ Moonlight for recovery and then baton pass to a counter or a stat upper of your own, game.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I cried at this statement.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Sassy Nature
    Wish/Moonlight
    Taunt
    Mean Look
    Baton Pass

The essential master of trap and support. Mean look opponents that are stupid enough not to switch a counter, then if it is a phazer or stat upper, Taunt them. Wish/ Moonlight for recovery and then baton pass to a counter or a stat upper of your own, game.

You can also use taunt the 1st turn and make the opposition oh-so-mad when their Skarm gets taunted. then you mean look the next pokemon coming in and BP the trap. that strategy has worked for me well.

Back