• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen My Very First Trade At The GTS!!

Guitarist Sean

Floe Island Charmander Breeder
    Years
    Well earlier today, I put a pink male lvl 10 Shellos in the GTS looking for a Turtwig any level, any gender, just for kicks ang giggles to see if I would be lucky, not really expecting to get a trade. But when I went back to the GTS later, I see a pokeball coming down, expecting it to be my Shellos not getting any offers, but when the ball opened, it was a Turtwig! I was soo excited. The guy was from Osaka Japan btw.

((feel free to note how stupid i am for getting soo excited. idk, i just think its kinda fun to trade with someone across the world even though it was kinda insignificant))

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Believe it or not, there are people out there who trade just to get Pokémon from different countries, whether the trade seems "sufficient" or not.

I also like getting Pokémon from Japan or other regions, just to see a nice little dot on the globe, and fill it up with more dots. :x

And I was excited the first time too, because I think it's a pretty cool feature and you never know who accepted your trade and how the Pokémon is like that you're getting.

sithlord6

he who pities the fool
    Years
    Yeah, I'll be excited too. If I ever find a fair trade. There seems to be a demand for munchlax though, so if I can get one of those I'll be doing good :P but congratulations, and keep having fun!

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    Same thing happen to me. I put a lvl 11 Misdreavus in and wanted a Chimchar. And i got back a lvl 31 Chimchar. I'll use him for breeding though or will trade him again for a Heracross.

Guitarist Sean

Floe Island Charmander Breeder
    Years
    I might go and try my luck trading later. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but is there a thread or a site up that you can exchange fc's?

Hippo

Cookie MOnster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2007
    wow... this seems really cool.
    It even puts a dot on the map thing? (I've seen a pic with a globe in it)

Wish i had D/P and a DS.... And wifi.... lol

Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Yea, Today I put a lv 9 Onyx up for trade for a piplup an lv any gender and I got one, mines from Japan as well.

Years
    *sigh* People are going crazy. I havent got it yet, but my friend got it on flash card, and he came to my place to wifi. he traded his lvl 27 (the second evo of the fire guy) for lvl 57 (last evo of turtwig)

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2010
    Haha man you guys seem to be lucky. I'm gonna have to go try that later...

EDIT: Gotta Piplup for a stinking Buizel. w00t.

Last edited:

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    wow!
    i have to go visit the library and try that sometime =D
    first up, japan and australia

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    I got about a dozen of good trades today :)
    Here's what I got:
    • A Chimchar (for breeding with my Monferno), now got a whole bunch of them;
    • A Piplup (female) (I believe I bred it with a male Chimchar) to get a whole bunch of Piplups aswell;
    • A Turtwig (female) (bred it with my Rosellia) and now a whole bunch of them too;
    • A Machoke => Machamp (traded it for my Kadabra);
    • A Kadabra => Alakazam (traded with a freshly caught Kadabra :));
    • A Lucario level 50! Traded with a Chimchar level 1! :D;
    • A Burmy, also traded for a Chimchar;
    • A Bonsly, ditto from a above;
    • Beautifly level 27 (traded for a Chimchar) also holding a Armor Fossil which I used to get Shieldon;
    • Cranidos level 20, dunno what the trade was (most likely a Chimchar aswell);
    • Misdreavus (traded for my Murkrow), perhaps that one was the one with Armor Fossil attached;

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I still have the japanese game so I'll drop a few trades with the english games on GTS

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    yeah, i was excited when i got my first GTS Pokémon. it was a Lv.10 Psyduck from someone in (Sapporo) Hokkaido, Japan. actually, i was really excited, and i'm almost 21. lol its just exciting to know that its so easy to communicate with someone across the globe now.

Stouph

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    So I returned to the GTS today to check on my trade! I offered up a Level 16 Kadabra, and I was looking for a Glameow, Any Level! And I got a Level 30 Glameow in exchange!! And it had Pokérus too!! I've never seen that before!

I don't know where the Original Trainer is from... but it must be Japan... I can't even read my pokémon's name! *lol*

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    So I returned to the GTS today to check on my trade! I offered up a Level 16 Kadabra, and I was looking for a Glameow, Any Level! And I got a Level 30 Glameow in exchange!! And it had Pokérus too!! I've never seen that before!

I don't know where the Original Trainer is from... but it must be Japan... I can't even read my pokémon's name! *lol*

Sorry if it's off topic but you Glameow's name must be Nyaruma

EDIT: I Just got a LV 44 Luxray for a Lv. 5 Piplup Named ポッチャマ
    EDIT: Again I got a Lv 38 Empoleon for a Lv. 38 Lucario named ルカリオ

Last edited:
    Back