• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen My Yellow Not Working

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    I bought a used Yellow game, and it had a name on the back (cuz it was used), so my mom tried to erase the name, and after she did, the game didn't work.. Ok, don't say it's a curse, because I don't believe in that stuff.

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    Nah, most likely the internal battery ran out- it happened to mine too. I can still play it, but I can't save any files.

Years
    Yellow's pretty old, so the battery probably ran out.
    And since it was used, the last person probably messed it up in some way.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    ...Erm, it really doesn't matter when you bought it, you can return it to the Exchange or someplace like that. I got yellow the day it came out, and mine still works fine. Maybe they could have spilled something on the cartridge and shorted it out, or maybe it was the internal battery. I didn't know about internal batteries since just recently, because my games have never stopped working. They've glitched, but never stopped working. My sister spilled something on hers and it didn't work.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    I'm playing mine like right now. I spilled pop on my sister's crystal version since we were eating dinner and she left it on the table :) Now it won't let her save. MY pokemon games work fine, her's broke.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years

actually... it does matter where he brought it. Like, if he got it at a pawn shop... they are not going to take it back, for example. Even in an exchange. GameStop might in an exchange. However, I don't know about everyone elses local GameStop- but mine does test the games. They have a TV and game systems set up for it and everything. (I think this is because sometimes people sell them messed up games)

Anyway, when I was a kid, I dropped my GameBoy in a bunch of water with red version in it still and everything. It stopped working for a week. (the gameboy and the game) But, after a week, it was fine again. So, maybe you could wait it out and see if it will still work?

Also, does GameStop even still take GameBoy Color games??? I know I've never seen any at mine. Except for... like a year or two ago when they had Blue version.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    And why haven't you replaced the battery yet?

:/

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    You could just buy a new Yellow version. Those things grow on trees.
    Or, you could play a ROM of it. It's much easier that way imho.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Or buy a 50p battery, of which would make it last ages more.

Dragonbane

Beards are now mandatory
    Years
    I bought a used Yellow game, and it had a name on the back (cuz it was used), so my mom tried to erase the name, and after she did, the game didn't work.. Ok, don't say it's a curse, because I don't believe in that stuff.

What did she use to scrub it off with?
    If it's water, and a lot got in, you're boned.
    Or water got in your gameboy. Mine didn't work for 3 days.

And the backlight's busted.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    one time when i was 4 the nintendo 64 wasnt working then i spilled sunny D on it and it started working again

Back