• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mystery Gift speculations

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
Years
  • Does anybody have any clue as to what the next North American mystery gift is going to be? Any speculations or pokemon/items that you hope to see?

Torchic was a great way to kick off the new mystery gift setup, but I'd definitely like to see the developers utilize the heck out of it. I'd be happy if they stuck to the other starters, but I've been itching to get my hands on a promo-Mew ever since pokemon first came out back in the mid-90s (I was never fortunate enough to make it to an actual event).

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    Does anybody have any clue as to what the next North American mystery gift is going to be? Any speculations or pokemon/items that you hope to see?

Torchic was a great way to kick off the new mystery gift setup, but I'd definitely like to see the developers utilize the heck out of it. I'd be happy if they stuck to the other starters, but I've been itching to get my hands on a promo-Mew ever since pokemon first came out back in the mid-90s (I was never fortunate enough to make it to an actual event).

We got Torchic in Europe too (UK here) - are the Mystery Gifts here always the same as the ones North America get?

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I've been itching to get my hands on a promo-Mew ever since pokemon first came out back in the mid-90s (I was never fortunate enough to make it to an actual event).

Did you have Wi-Fi access in late 2010? There was a Wi-Fi event that gave away Mew for HG/SS in October.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Does anybody have any clue as to what the next North American mystery gift is going to be? Any speculations or pokemon/items that you hope to see?

Honestly...who knows. We may not get anymore Wifi Mystery Gift events for another 5 or 6 months. Outside of Japan, they tend to not really care about event distribution as heavily. The three hidden legends are a possibility but those can happen at any time and we're not guaranteed anything.

We got Torchic in Europe too (UK here) - are the Mystery Gifts here always the same as the ones North America get?
    Not all the time. Sometimes one country will get something another won't. Japan always gets the most though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I would assume the next MG will be Latios/Latias with their respective Mega Stones, as was found out in the games data a few months ago.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I would assume the next MG will be Latios/Latias with their respective Mega Stones, as was found out in the games data a few months ago.

they also found Dianci, Hoopa and Volcanian at that exact same time, why Latios/Latias over those three? We could get a Latias/Latios right now on the GTS if we were offering something good enough (there were giveaways of them in 2010, 2009, 2006, 2005, 2004 and 2003, none of which had that ribbon the prevents trading on the GTS)

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • Did you have Wi-Fi access in late 2010? There was a Wi-Fi event that gave away Mew for HG/SS in October.

I had no idea they did a Wi-Fi based MG event back then. Unfortunately when HG/SS came out, I was still rockin' a DS Lite and my home network was not set to WEP (nor did I understand that whole debacle).

I'd love to see Latias/Latios with Mega Evolution!

I'm amazed that Japan STILL rocks all the exclusives and N.A./Europe don't get nearly half as many special releases. I thought N.A. had a massive Pokemon following (at least enough to warrant more special releases)!

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    You could count in the free Celebi that you get when you purchase Pokemon Bank, well, if it DOES come out :/

Years
  • I had no idea they did a Wi-Fi based MG event back then. Unfortunately when HG/SS came out, I was still rockin' a DS Lite and my home network was not set to WEP (nor did I understand that whole debacle).

I'd love to see Latias/Latios with Mega Evolution!

I'm amazed that Japan STILL rocks all the exclusives and N.A./Europe don't get nearly half as many special releases. I thought N.A. had a massive Pokemon following (at least enough to warrant more special releases)!

N.a. does have a massive pokemon following. We can only hope that with the universal release of xy being unprecedented in the series that the rest of the world will get that event love they spread around every time over there. It has always kinda made me jealous but then I think of a world where Japanese pokemon games never got translated... and realize the fabric of time and space would collapse enveloping the entire universe inside of itself compressing us at super sonic speeds to painless galactic calamity... and then I realize that there are worse things and I for one am happy with this scenario... for now

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well the next distribution is a new item that allows discounts in all the boutiques in the game. I'm hoping its a Key Item that doesn't disappear and that more clothes are released through the new Attractions on the Pokemon Global Link similar to the dream world Pokemon from before.

Wonder if there are other coupons like this to be released later on...

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • Well the next distribution is a new item that allows discounts in all the boutiques in the game. I'm hoping its a Key Item that doesn't disappear and that more clothes are released through the new Attractions on the Pokemon Global Link similar to the dream world Pokemon from before.

Wonder if there are other coupons like this to be released later on...

I thought the discounts were already integrated into the game?

Adding more outfits would be a fantastic way to make characters feel more customizable. A big part of why I've been so fond of X/Y is because of the instant network-connectivity and the personalization of the main character, so everyone you can play against/trade with really feels like a totally different character.

I'd still rather see another bonus Pokemon. The bank will make all things possible, but there are plenty of promo Pokemon I'm sure we'd all appreciate having a chance to attain.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I thought the discounts were already integrated into the game?

Adding more outfits would be a fantastic way to make characters feel more customizable. A big part of why I've been so fond of X/Y is because of the instant network-connectivity and the personalization of the main character, so everyone you can play against/trade with really feels like a totally different character.

I'd still rather see another bonus Pokemon. The bank will make all things possible, but there are plenty of promo Pokemon I'm sure we'd all appreciate having a chance to attain.

Everything released through Wifi events are already integrated into the games, you just need something to unlock them. The Boutique discount this time comes in the form of a Coupon that will be released over Mystery Gift. So far Japan only.

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    Everything released through Wifi events are already integrated into the games, you just need something to unlock them. The Boutique discount this time comes in the form of a Coupon that will be released over Mystery Gift. So far Japan only.

Fixed.

Japan tends to get more events simply because they use them as marketing devices to promote buying something, whereas it wouldn't receive as much attention outside of Japan. Most countries rely on games stores for distribution and those are just for free, that's why we never get much.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Of course we had the special pokemon offered with b/w at Target and b2/w2 at walmart that basically rewarded you for waiting months instead of buying at time of release (which my conspiracy theory is that it was to entice us all to buy second copies of the games)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Fixed.

Japan tends to get more events simply because they use them as marketing devices to promote buying something, whereas it wouldn't receive as much attention outside of Japan. Most countries rely on games stores for distribution and those are just for free, that's why we never get much.

Not true. Yes they get way more than we do, but majority of their distributions aren't Wifi. Their distributions are through specialized stores just like ours outside of Japan. They just happen to have special stores called Pokemon Centers. And usually they are region specific events, like the Birthday Eevee for B2W2 I think it was. You had to go to a specific Pokemon Center to get it so if you lived in Japan, that probably would have been the same as going across a few states for anyone in the US which isn't something most people would do on the spot.

Wifi Events tend to distribute outside of Japan through Wifi. Some occasions they won't or will but in a different method (like our Garchomp distribution)

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I'm hoping we get AZ's Floette with it's unique colour scheme and access to some exclusive moves and a brand new overpowered yet 3,000 year old ancient ability. Something that cements the pokemon as definitely unique and not from our era. Maybe even a slightly different Base Stat Total or Stat Distribution to show how modern Floette have changed and evolved over time. It better be something really powerful and special though, after all, it's only a tiny little thing that was able to hold it's own against huge ancient pokemon in a war!

I'm also hoping with the worldwide release of X and Y and the internet age, that almost all the events this generation will be available online and for every region simultaneously. There really is no reason to leave specific regions out anymore...

Years
  • True that! As you said, region exclusive events should be a no-go. I love receivng special pokemon from those things, and when I see the awesome things JP get, it is just so annoying.

I think mystery gifts should happen more often with less valuable pokemon too - somehting like shiny shuckles, or rare-ish pokemon like magmar ect would go down a treat for me.

Back