• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

n00b Esdain of Kujata w/ Question

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    Hello. I'm n00b. I can't help it.

Greets to all of you on this nice site forum.

Ah, the internet. So much fun. So many people. So much stuff. So much... to go through.

I'm having a bit of a problem. Well a few actually. My first issue is I can't find a search function to go through threads on these forums. Obviously, I don't want to start a new topic for something that's probably already brought up / answered. Also, another problem comes up when it's the topic of what I seek. I would guess that it's been done long ago, but where to look... I do not know. I believe it would be in Emulation >> Rom Hacking... however when I go there, I'm greatly intimidated by the type of topics and projects being discussed. The 'Beginners Lounge' is being phased out so I can't post there.

I decided to sneak my simple question in here instead hoping someone nice will be able to point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a very simple patch for Pokemon Emerald English version that would change the sprites you see walking around on the trainers May and Brendan to look like their Ruby/Sapphire days (no green banadana/gloves/backpack).

I've been able to change the sprite on the Trainer Card / what you see come out in battle by myself, but I'm having problems with the emerald pallet as it's not just a direct pallet swap from Ruby/Sapphire to Emerald making the old colors green. The tiles are a bit different too.

I hope I'm using correct terminology for what I'm looking for. If any kind person could point me in the proper direction that would be lovely. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Back