• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Names you'll be using in Pokemon Versions X & Y

Years
  • Laken, koff~

I wish you just spelled it how it was. My name does not fit me. I hate it so much. It doesn't fit and it's typically viewed as an Hispanic name, and I'm not Hispanic. People talk to me in Spanish for it and as soon as I have some extra cash I'm going to change it. It is a name that doesn't even fit me. It's the Yiddish word for Ruby and means Behold, a son in Hebrew. I'm not exactly sure to what I'd change it to, but it should be changed. How is your name pronounced? Anyway, I like your name over mine, koffi~

What is YOUR name? :)

My spelling is Laykyn, pronounced "Lake-in"

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • I'll likely just be naming my character "Heidi" since that is my real name. I doubt I'll end up playing as the boy in either version (although I'm undecided.. I'm considering it). I always play as the girl. But I've been changing a lot on how I go about playing the games lately anyway (like actually nicknaming my Pokemon.. something I've never done in the past) so maybe I'll get creative with it.

If anything I'll name my character "Bubbly" which I've basically adopted as a shortened version of my username on pretty much every website I'm active on. lol

But I'll probably just stick with my real name. At least on my first run through (thank the heavens for Pokemon Bank so I'll be able to restart my games guilt-free!!)

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I'm going to be original and name my character: Jay, my real name. It's the same name I've used in all my Pokemon games. Let me tell you, there's lots of Jay's out there...

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Im going to be getting pokemon Y and if i choose the male character I'll name him Kratos after the hektic Kratos from god of war :3
    If I choose the female character I'll be naming her Luna!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll probably go with my usual Alli or Allison when I pick up my copy of X. I'll probably do the same whenever I get Y.

Years
  • I have a tendency to not give my characters repeat names so I had to change things up a bit. I've used variations of my name many times in the past but I think I've used them all up. There is also the issue that my real name is Serena and lots of people are going to be using that one so it's not as unique as it used to be.

I'm getting Pokémon X, making my character female, and her name will be Tracy. I chose this name because it's the name of the town I was born in. I decided to go with a theme this time in order to make it easier to nickname my Pokémon. I've always named my Pokémon since Gen 1. It gives them character. My theme will be cities and towns across the world so I won't ever have a loss of nickname ideas.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • What is YOUR name? :)

My spelling is Laykyn, pronounced "Lake-in"

Rubin, koff~

It is annoying to have to spell it out for people. It doesn't help when I have to do this for official documents and have them come back to me without my name on them. As soon as I set aside some money. . . tell you what, we can trade names, how about that? That sounds fun. You can change it to Rubie (Ruby) if you like. People call me Rubie anyway. Rubie isn't a man's name. My name is so much ugh. What should my new name be, koffi~

Back