• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naruto: Shippuden and Gaiden

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    So where are all my Narutards at?

This post contains possible spoilers for those who have yet to view the anime and manga media currently out on the web, so I'm going to put this section in an appropriate spoiler tag.

Spoiler:

All and all, how do you guys feel about the direction the franchise is going? Do you think Kishimoto is done writing, or do you think he will continue? Masashi Kishimoto is only 40 years old, so I don't believe he is done writing yet especially when the current installments of movies and the manga short can play as the basis for the new era. Or at least that's what a diehard Shinobi and Naruto fan like myself believes, lol.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    So where are all my Narutards at?
    This section doesn't seem to have many of those it seems. :p Not the regulars, at least.

But yeah, I guess I liked the short expansion that Kishi did. Almost couldn't believe myself when I thought that Kishi was shitting on Sakura's character even further in Sarada story but I'm glad things get resolved nicely by the end. Felt the whole "Shin Uchiha" plotline was very generic, though. Wasn't a fan of their character designs either.

As for the series itself, well, I'm not the biggest fan. My love for the series died off a slow death after the pain arc. Definitely NOT a fan of how the series ended (apart from the shippings! naruhina 4eva!) and NOT a fan of the final villain. The final villain in question - the one that popped up in the final 50ish chapters or so - was just a tacked on existence for me. Completely unnecessary and managed to shit on every other villain (read maddy) that was being built up for god knows when. And the way the fight ended was...yeah, not gonna lie, not a fan of that either. XD; I also remember the pacing being EXTREMELY messed up during the concluding chapters of the war arc. There were entire chapters being dedicated to "preparations involving an attack" or to showcase "characters getting ready and showing their game faces". It was...ridiculous, to say the least.

All in all, I have a love-hate relationship with the series. I thought Kishi managed to create a very intriguing universe and some attractive characters. But he never tapped the full potential of the universe and managed to mess up the handling of a lot of its characters during the course of the series. I loved the initial arcs. Zabuza arc, the Chunnin Exam and its glorious fights. I LOVE them. The "hate" part comes from the later parts of the manga. Where the direction took turns I wasn't a fan of. I mean, I'm okay if you're absolutely crazy about it but...I personally think it went down the dump. A series that started off great but ended up nowhere near as good it could've been. That's my final thoughts on the series.

Also, about Kishi continuing this - definitely. He's probably gonna write short stories on every character. And I wouldn't dislike that, actually. Would manage to flesh these characters out more. Which would definitely be a good thing. Unless he decides to go ahead and milk it even further and creates a long series again....yeaaaaah, no.

りょ

Ryo
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    Heyo,

I used to watch Naruto a lot. Though, I skipped the fillers. HEH, fillers.
    But, after I heard that the manga was ending I just read the last 20 or so chapters, instead of waiting to see what the anime would do. Now cause of that I am kind of skipping the anime until it's going its own way, away from the original ending.

Can't wait for the movie to come out on DVD so I can finally watch that!

What is this Gaiden you are talking about? An ever-after story?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2015
    Bro did the movie had jap audio ? If it did,you totally gotta hook me up with the link pleaaase !!!! PRETTY PLEASE OKAY BUT PLEASE !!!!!!

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    Heyo,

I used to watch Naruto a lot. Though, I skipped the fillers. HEH, fillers.
    But, after I heard that the manga was ending I just read the last 20 or so chapters, instead of waiting to see what the anime would do. Now cause of that I am kind of skipping the anime until it's going its own way, away from the original ending.

Can't wait for the movie to come out on DVD so I can finally watch that!

What is this Gaiden you are talking about? An ever-after story?

Yes, Gaiden takes place before Boruto: Naruto the movie, and way after the events of the Fourth Great Shinobi World War. About six years, I believe. I thought it was an excellent way to kick off the new era of the series, there was a new villain whose tenure was short-lived, a result I am happy about because I really didn't like him! lol.

Back