• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naruto Shippuden Dub

What do you think about the new series?

• Looks Great! Can't wait to watch it.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Looks okay. I might watch it.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Voices suck again, never watching it.

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    If you guys have visited www.naruto.viz.com the you would have noticed the trailers on the website for Naruto Shippuden comming out in English language in January 2009.

This will feature new voices (not sure about that ^^;)) and new characters and it seems they've got a load of episodes because it even shows Sai. However, if you watch the last trailer you'll hear a lot of the new voices. What do you think about them? You can discuss here if you want.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I always hated how trailers would hype things up a lot. Anyway, It seems pretty good from what I've heard in the trailers. Now that I know that it's being dubbed, will it be on Cartoon Network? They still have about 15 episodes to go with the original series before this one. I wonder it will be showed online or if it might go to Sci-Fi (I doubt that would happen though). Maybe it will show on Jetstream like Kiba did or straight to DVD releases (Doubt this as well). But now I'm jumping to conclusions so I'll just say that I'm happy that's it's being dubbed at all.

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Sorry bout that, but please don't put things like that up for download, even if they ARE just trailers. It would be better if you just put where you could watch them, in which you already have that link

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Sai fails thats my thoughts on Sai.They dont show him until around forty after the Rescue Garaa Arc.I like Shippuuden cause you get to see the Akatsuki more.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I heard that in Jump #74, it implies that Naruto will not be playing anymore on CN and will play online. Can anyone that has it confirm this?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I hope that's not true, I personally would like to watch Shippuden on TV. I already can only watch the Japanese episodes via the internet, I hope it's not that way with the dub. Still, as far as the dub goes, I think it'll turn out just fine. At least no worse than the original Naruto dub.

Shining Platinum

Lovin' Kallen till I die!
    Years
    I'd totally watch it, i wasn't much of a fan of Naruto, but until i read some of the Shippuden Manga i'm into it now.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I really hope it will be on TV. I just love this series to death. Since I love the first one the second one is going to rock! I will get to watch the dub! Which to me they got the most awesome voice actors in the world. And I hope Viz will release it on DVD too. So I can watch it in Japanese with English subtitles.

Yeah since the dub in the first one is great, the second will be even better. I heard they started dubbing and they got up to episode 8 or something. But they probably dubbed more though. I am not so sure though, don't take my word for it.

Okay, I better stop rambling. Sorry about that. ^^;

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    Cool, I like the dub too but I thought the Japanese voices were wayyy better. Anyway It's up to what you think is best :).

Viz will probably release it on DVD since they will let you watch it free on the site so I won't worry about that.

About the number of episodes, I think there will be much more because, as I said, It even shows Sai and he doesn't appear till at least episode 30+.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I dont know about this, Wikipedia says that Naruto.com will just air the "Subbed" Versions till they catch up then air Subbed versions of the new epps after release in Japan.

Starting on January 2, 2009 Viz Media will begin providing eight subtitled Naruto: Shippūden episodes on the official Naruto website every week until it has caught up to the Japanese anime. Also, beginning January 15, 2009, Viz will start providing subtitled versions of the latest Naruto: Shippūden episodes days after they first air in Japan, with a new episode being added to the Naruto website each subsequent Thursday.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shippuden#cite_note-Campaign2-1

For some reason the https://naruto.viz.com/ wont load for me so i watched this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97s5n354lIU

Assuming that is the same video with the English names being said at the end i dont think this means a Dub just yet. But i may be wrong.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Sai gets pretty chill, IMO.

But yeah, I'm not a huge fan of dubs in general. Look what they did to Prince of Tennis when it came to Toonami XD. It got ditched quite quickly...tennis just does not sound as fun to talk about in English as it does in Japanese.

Either way, I'll watch Shippuuden if it comes to America on CN. I'm not fully caught up in the subs version as of right now (just finished the defending Konoha battle and waiting for a friend to catch up). I don't see them ruining the voices that much; Naruto is easy, he's the same just a tad deeper. Sakura can be pretty much any girls voice as long as you keep the tone level, and Sasuke is just phail. XD

dewey

Anime Addict
    Years
    hmm i wonder if viz can keep up with dattebayo's quality. im gonna miss db for the shippuden subs :\

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I don't know about that, most people don't like the English Dub, and I don't think the sequel of it would make its reputation cleaner. Though, I'm looking forward to it.

Years
    well, engrish dubs are ok. but i have learned from my brother that anime is more fun to watch raw. but then we just like crude humor. and personally i think sai is waaaaay cooler than sasuke. simply for the fact that he has an intersting talent, and he brings an element of mystique to the series. plus, he's just so flat out with his opinon. (see what he has to say about naruto and sakura.)

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I did hear their dub voices and they are pretty much the same. Well Naruto's voice is a bit deeper as well as Sasuke's. Sakura's is the same though. I am so glad they kept the voice actors from Part 1. But for right now Viz and TV Tokyo are only going to show the sub versions with English subtitles online. I don't know when Viz is going to show the dub version. Just have to wait and see. I really do hope it will come on tv though. If not, online will be good too.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    If you guys have visited www.naruto.viz.com the you would have noticed the trailers on the website for Naruto Shippuden comming out in English language in January 2009.

This will feature new voices (not sure about that ^^;)) and new characters and it seems they've got a load of episodes because it even shows Sai. However, if you watch the last trailer you'll hear a lot of the new voices. What do you think about them? You can discuss here if you want.

Well at least there not dub filler characters, and why do you want 12 year old Naruto and 15 year old Naruto to have the same voice? I just got the newest issue of SJ, and I haven't heard is going off CN, so I wouldn't worry... Much

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I did hear their dub voices and they are pretty much the same. Well Naruto's voice is a bit deeper as well as Sasuke's. Sakura's is the same though. I am so glad they kept the voice actors from Part 1. But for right now Viz and TV Tokyo are only going to show the sub versions with English subtitles online. I don't know when Viz is going to show the dub version. Just have to wait and see. I really do hope it will come on tv though. If not, online will be good too.

We should be thanking the voice actors themselves for agreeing to do it! That's what happens, unfortunately, with most series that continue on or something. The game Tales of Symphonia isn't the same when Sam from Totally Spies isn't Sheena's voice or Robin from Teen Titans isn't the old main character's voice in the second game. XD

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah that is so true. I am so glad they agreed as well. I really don't want to watch Dub Shippuuden with new voices. D: Well I will watch it, but I have to get used to everyone's voices again. Don't want to deal that. If it was the case, then so be it. I won't stop watching. But I am glad they are continuing.

Now we just have to wait to see if the dub will come on tv.

Back