• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen National Pokédex Number Theories (is Victini really #494?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Since Victini is event-only, having it be before the Gen V starters in the National Pokédex would spoil its existence for those who don't know about it. Other event-only legendaries have been the last Pokémon in the national dex as of their generation, to avoid this.

Since Nintendo & Game Freak are so intent on covering up the existence of event-only mons until their movie is released, having an open spot would screw that up big time. (Plus Bulbapedia says #494 is Tsutarja, and they do not put in speculation info. My Wikipedia username is Tsutarja494, so I'm in the process of changing it right now.)

Also, my theories are that Zorua and Zoroark are either #636 and #637 (coming directly after the pseudo-legendaries) or #650 and #651 (as they are event-only, despite not being legendary).

NOTE TO ADMINS: Lock this thread at 11 pm EDT September 18 (48 hours after the games' release) to prevent excessive "I told you so" among those who speculated correctly.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    I hope Victini isn't 000 in the final national dex(very unlikely, but still), or even 494.
    It's always supposed to be starters starting out the new generation, with that said, it's extremely weird they're doing this...

Come on, give me a break.
    Victini "the first Pokémon to legitimately have the number 000 in any Pokédex listing."

Ok and what purpose does it have other than breaking tradition?
    That's stupid.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I hope Victini isn't 000 in the final national dex(very unlikely, but still), or even 494.
    It's always supposed to be starters starting out the new generation, with that said, it's extremely weird they're doing this...

Victini "the first Pokémon to legitimately have the number 000 in any Pokédex listing."

That's stupid.

i agree with this completely, makes no sense, & has no logic, except to make those missingno. fan boys/girls piss&moan :/

Years

That's stupid.

Uhh.. breaking tradition is literally the entire premise of B&W. Its just a number.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    Wow really?!! geez people just can't find anything NOT to complain about sheesh

i couldn't care in the least
    they're just numbers and it's ONLY 1 POKEMON!
    you're acting like they're putting 50 ahead of the starters then maybe that might be a little weird
    but still... v.v;

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think its just a Gimmick for the games to sell, seeing as this Region is basically trying to restart Pokemon as a whole.

And really it doesn't matter where they are. The Event Legends being last is also a random thing that just happened because they weren't involved in the main game. Their place on the Dex really doesn't have a high impact on the game play or the Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Vicitini was shown after a Japanese Episode of Diamond and Pearl and said something to the viewers. But still? Does it really matter where it is? Its not hurting anything.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well it also the first event which takes place the first day Bw is released in Japan so I can see it being 494 as those who can would get the Mystery gift right way...

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    It can't be #000, that number can't be used. And if it could, it should be either Mew, because he contains every pokémon's DNA, or (more likely) Arceus, for being the creator... Not Victini, a random legendary. xD

I also don't care much about that, but make him #494 and that's cool for me. xD

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    i don't care if it's 000, 494, or even 666!
    it's a number and i wanted a fire/psychic type fore ever!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    i don't care if it's 000, 494, or even 666!
    it's a number and i wanted a fire/psychic type fore ever!
    Lol, yeah it doesn't matter much there there is a reason for why they gave it that number :)
    Lol well we technically got another Fire/Psychic in Hihidurama as it has another forme so double the Fire/Psychic / Psychic/Fire :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Note to admins? Whaaat about meeee! But, this is a speculation thread, sooo. You can probably discuss this here, since it relates to PokeDex numbers.

National Pokédex Number Theories (is Victini really #494?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back