• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nature

Do you care about the nature of your pokemon?

• Yes

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I care about natures because even in a play-through that 10% can make a difference. Usually I'm fine with a nature that boosts the stat that the Pokemon specializes in (as long as it's not a speed reducing one).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I don't particularly care about natures when I'm just playing through the game but I do like to make some competitive-build pokemon after I beat the game, and getting the right natures is important for that, no? XD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Before I got into competitive battling, I could have cared less about what nature my Pokémon was. I never paid much attention to what stat it might have some effect on. At that time, I think the only time I cared about nature is when I wanted to match the nature to how the Pokémon appeared. So if it was something like a Ralts I would like it to be calm simply because it's evolution line looks that way.

Even though I barely battle competitively anymore, I still try and find a suitable nature to boost the beneficial stat of my Pokémon. If it's a neutral nature and I'm just playing in-game, it doesn't really bother me too much. Needless to say, only when I'm building a team for competitive play, then I'll really sit down and search until I get the right nature with the best possible IVs to EV train.

Nameless.

I also didn't regard natures very much until after I got into competitive battling. That's when I started to become a bit of a perfectionist with my Pokemon, and I wanted them to be in tip-top shape. A lot of the time I still don't bother, but other times I want them to have beneficial natures, so it really depends how I feel at the time. :D;

Natures really can make the difference between winning or losing though, and I never noticed that until I started caring even in-game. XD; Having shinies with amazing natures makes for awesome bragging/pride rights too. >w< So, I also do it for fanciness. <3

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Honestly, it depends.
    Generally, I do have a list of natures I'll accept for a given pokemon I'm raising.
    I just can't see having an Alakazam with an adamant or even impish nature.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I care about all of my Pokemon's natures. It bothers me not having a good nature on my Pokemon, so I generally always make sure I get good natures for my in-game team as well as my competitive team.

IVs to me are a huge waste of time. As long as they don't have a 0 IV I'm fine. As long as the nature is good.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
    Kind of silly, but I have a thing for picking the nature as how I would see the Pokemon in real life...like, in the Best Wishes episode with Oshawott...he seems modest, so I'm going to try and get a modest Oshawott. A lot of my Pokemon are gentle nature and people say it's a useless nature but I pick for how I could get along with them in real life~

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well really, no. But ever since gen 4 I've been getting into competitive battling slowly, so nature has become much more important to me. Other than that, I'd take any nature so long it's not extremely out of tune with my pokemon's stats and learnset.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I never used to care. I didn't even know that they even affected the stats of the Pokemon until just a few years ago. The only reason I ever found out was because my boyfriend told me and got me into competitive battling. Not only do I care about the natures, but if I find out that the IVs are less than desired (20+ for me) than I'll try again. I've become a perfectionist with my Pokemon, but not to the point where I hack for them. But please note, for in-game teams and such, I don't care about IVs and as long as the nature isn't reducing something important, than I don't care.

Back