• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NB Double Battle team

I can't feel my toes...

ぼくは刀武で&#
    Years
    Help for Double Battle team

Hey anyone, I need some help, me being the feeble minded n00b that I am, with a third PKMN for this double-battle team: (this is assuming Hera + Weezing start together)

:rambo:
    Heracross@Salac Berry
    Adamant or Brave: 255 Attack, 255 Speed
    Reversal
    Endure
    Mega Horn
    EQ

Pretty obvious methinks...

and

Weezing@Bright Powder or Focus Band
    Hasty: 255 Speed, 130 Attack, 125 Defense
    Explosion
    Sludge Bomb
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball

All for explosion and levitate basically. Sludge bomb, Thunderbolt and Shadow ball are fillers with some type counters for Hera. Maybe focus band for possibility of last-minute-save-to-explosion???

I CAN'T THINK OF MY THIRD!
    Basically a counterer for Hera-killers, that allows for EQ. HELP PLEASE! :(

Last edited:

-DMM-

Josherific :?
    Years
    Lick? It's an awesome move, however it should be reserved for special pokemons, like lickitung.

Gengar movesets vary, you don't want a FP'ing gengar because well, like your said, your new at it, and new people + FP Gengar is roffle.

Gengar@Liechi Berry
    Get your speed up to 300 or 330 if it's a + speed nature (I.e. Hasty) and then split the rest of the EV's between Attack and Special Attack
    Sludge Bomb
    Ice Punch
    ThunderBolt
    Explosion

Basically, you'll be waiting until the liechi berry kicks in before going for an Explosion. You want max damage from that, and as soon as a liechi berry kicks in, you know you aren't going to survive another move or two, so explosion is the way to go. Ice Punch is for salamence and friends, Thunderbolt for skarm and Water types, and Sludge Bomb is fun for all the family, especially STAB members.

Gengar is awesome.

Heracross@Salac Berry
    Adamant or Brave: 255 Attack, 255 Speed <-- No point in 255 EV's, 252 is the max you should use. Those other 3 are a waste as they don't actually do anything. Get speed stat to 264. The rest of the EV's should be split between Attack and HP.
    Reversal
    Endure <-- Substitute
    Mega Horn
    EQ <-- Focus Punch

That Hera will work MUCH better. It's an excellent sweeper.

Weezing@Bright Powder or Focus Band <-- Bright Powder is lol, so is Focus Band. Leftovers Ftw~
    Hasty: 255 Speed, 130 Attack, 125 Defense <-- 255 speed is pointless for weezing. Get HP to at least 320, split the rest of the EV's between attack and defence.
    Explosion <-- Haze
    Sludge Bomb
    Thunderbolt <-- Will-o-Wisp
    Shadow Ball <-- Rest

Your weezing sucked btw

I can't feel my toes...

&#12412;&#12367;&#12399;&#20992;&#27494;&#12391;&#
    Years
    Ty -DMM- for the input, rather than just hangin it on a dumb newbie. *shakes fist*

I thought that moveset on hera was kinda shifty, but I liked it, and basically just wanted to use the endure to explosion to salac+EQ+swarmed megahorn combo to sweep. Weezing... it always sucked. I've never liked or used him much, I just wanted explosion basically... maybe a claydol or spiking forry might be better for this???

BTW, is there much point making Hera a sub-puncher and having reversal too?

Edit: *slaps self in forehead* Don't bother answering that...

Cheers again.

Last edited:
    Back