• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NB Team (yeah.. yeah.. rate)

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    also just swap out blissey or snorlax for a poke. two sp. sponges on the same team dont work well. maybe a wishmence or celebi would be a good replacement for one of them.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    ok.. I'll use celebi in place. Could you suggest what to change blissey or snorlax and then a movest for celebi would be appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    snorlax imo.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 168 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Baton Pass
    - Recover
    - Return

just pass off some sword dances to hera/metagross and let them sweep up the foe.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    snorlax imo.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 168 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Baton Pass
    - Recover
    - Return

just pass off some sword dances to hera/metagross and let them sweep up the foe.

So you're saying I should lead with Celebi or I can still lead with Hera?

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    This is the standard Agiligross.

Agiligross
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Agility
    - ThunderPunch/Explosion
    Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252Atk/154HP/104Spd

Regardless of the defense you pump into Metagross it will still be 2KOED by an EQ. So therefore stick it into HP so it can survive three attacks from neutral attacks or something.

Regarding leads you cna use a sweeper. It just depends on preference. I occasionally lead with a Focus Sash Houndoom which guarantees a kill. But you would want something fast for a lead such as Aerodactyl and Starmie.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    This is the standard Agiligross.

Agiligross
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Agility
    - ThunderPunch/Explosion
    Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252Atk/154HP/104Spd

Regardless of the defense you pump into Metagross it will still be 2KOED by an EQ. So therefore stick it into HP so it can survive three attacks from neutral attacks or something.

Yeah, I have tried the meta that anti-opo suggested and earthquake was very powerful on nb. Ok, I'll edit that. Oh and, is Life Orb in 3rd or before generations? I use NetBattle not Shoddy.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Yeah, it is. So... could you give me a suggestion on what to lead or is Hera fine.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Personally Heracross is a tad slow. Gengar would make a better lead.

Shinespike

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2012
    Fixes in bold.

My team needs a few tweaks so give me the best rates you know. Also, don't bag my team, you may be a pro but guess what? I'm not. Maybe suggest some other pokemon to fix up my team. I suck at EVs. (Remember, NetBattle doesn't have Diamond & Pearl pokemon, don't suggest new pokemon and moves, I'm not using Shoddy Battle yet.)

Edits underway for team. Only post relevant stuff towards my team.

Heracross (M) @ Salac Berry
    Trait: Guts
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Endure
    - Reversal
    - Earthquake
    - Megahorn

Use a Sleep Talk or CB variant.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDefBold Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Seismic Toss
    - Softboiled
    - Thunder Wave

Without IB and some spatk EVs Duggy lol's at this when it switches in on a T-Wave.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 240 HP / 116 Def / 152 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Baton Pass
    - Recover
    - HP Fighting

This gives you 301 speed to outrun Adamant Mence and other BPing Celebi's that run 300 speed.

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk / 156 Def / 100 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Meteor Mash
    - Agility

That gives you 201 speed and max attack. Dunno about Def though. HP might be more useful. I haven't used agilitygross in a long wile.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 108 HP / 216 Spd / 184 SAtk
    Timid Nature
    - Will-O-Wisp / Substitute
    - Ice Punch
    - Hypnosis
    - Thunderbolt

Double status Gar can be very useful. You put something to sleep then when they switch you burn whatever they send out. Watch out for Milo or Hera though because they love taking burns and Hypnosis.

Steelix @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Roar
    - Rock Slide

Rock Slide would be better in OU. Possibly Rest over Explosion too since it's the only thing save Meta that can take phsyical hits well on this team. Not too sure on the EVs either, like I said I don't really use him

Nothing on this team can really take a hit from CB Mence/Tar/Hera and Duggy can do some nasty things too if played well. Sleep Talk Milo can also potentially wall you.

Don't bold your post when you fix it up because many people use bold to post fixes in. Just edit it, they don't need to see what you changed before they got here.

I think that's everything.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    I'm not a professional rater at all of this but .. it sounds good. I'll fix that to my first post. Suggestions/comments/opinions are appreciated. If you think the team is good (not changing any pokes) just tell me. If not, post another.

Shinespike

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2012
    Okay first off when I said a Sleep Talk or CB variant I didn't mean just slap a CB or Sleep Talk on it. You have to change it's EVs and moveset accordingly. Choice Band Endure Reversal wtf.

Also Blissey needs some sp. atk to use that IB effectively. Use enough to 2HKO Mence.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Okay guys... I'd like to perfect this team the best we can so any more advice for the first post? I really need this.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    tish tosh,

use cbhera... if you want it to lead

hera @ cb
    trait: guts
    evs: just max out atk and spd and put the rest in hp
    jolly nature
    - megahorn
    - earthquake
    - rock slide
    - brick break

thereeeeeeeeeeee

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Ok. I've decided to lead with Hera. My team is complete. If you have any comments, please post now.

Last edited:
    Back