• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] NDS intro editing

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2021
    Hi guys!

I recently started work on a pokemon platinum prequel rom hack. Because of the nature of the hack I want to edit the intro to remove the gender select and rival naming option. Now I could do all of this with a custom save file, but I'd like to find out how to edit the rom itself. On the GBA-side of things there's a tool called GBA intro manager which is a c# program that, as the name suggests, edits the intro of any GBA pokemon game. It includes everal features like skipping the gender selection and the truck intro in the RSE games.

Now I'm pretty confident I coulld make a similar program for NDS games but I don't know hoe to find all the offsets for the functions. As inexperienced as I am with asm functions I'm having a hard time understanding the functions connected to the intro.

Basically what I'm asking is if someone would be willing to help me find them or tell me how I would go about doing it myself.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Back