• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need a hand with my R4

Ataraxia

Wanderer
Years
  • Not entirely sure where to put this... The forum seems to have changed a bit in the year I've been gone. (not that I would've known before anyway... but whatever.)

I recently bought an old blackberry from a friend, and found a 2gb microSD card inside, and I thought I might swap over my 1gb microSD that I use for my R4 in favour of the bigger card. So, like a dumbass, I tried simply cutting and pasting the files exactly as they were over into the different SD cards. When I booted up my DSL with the R4 inside, the menus were pretty messed up, the colours weren't how they were supposed to be, mostly a lot of them missing. None of the text was visible, icons such as the folders and game icons were however. Safe to say I've balls'd it up.

So, I could use some help fixing it, short of 'put everything back where it was'. I was thinking I just need to reinstall the WoodR4 firmware but I'm not too sure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(if this is in the wrong section, could a mod move it please?) :)

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Format it properly, then done.

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
  • Format what, to what? If you mean the whole SDcard then I have, I restored it to its 'defaults', being FAT with 32kb allocation size.

Not sure if its worth mentioning, but .nds and .sav files are under the assumption they open with DoTA2.

Back