• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need a Working Text Editor

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    Hi, Advanced Text is not downloading properly on the Hack Rom Tools site, is there a substitute for it? I am working with LeafGreen.

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
    Years
  • Hi, Advanced Text is not downloading properly on the Hack Rom Tools site, is there a substitute for it? I am working with LeafGreen.

Why a Text Editor? My suggestion is that you can use a Script Editor, I know it's hard for beginners but once you will learn Scripting, you will be able to do more than text editing.

If you want to edit other stuff like intro, there's a tool named LSA Intro Editor.
    Or you can try directly editing GBA Text with a hex editor, more info here.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Character_encoding_in_Generation_III

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    Why a Text Editor? My suggestion is that you can use a Script Editor, I know it's hard for beginners but once you will learn Scripting, you will be able to do more than text editing.

If you want to edit other stuff like intro, there's a tool named LSA Intro Editor.
    Or you can try directly editing GBA Text with a hex editor, more info here.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Character_encoding_in_Generation_III

Thanks for the suggestion! I already use XSE, while I am somewhat familiar with changing in-game scripts I am not sure how to change the dialogue. Can I use XSE to do this or is there something extra involved?

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
    Years
  • Thanks for the suggestion! I already use XSE, while I am somewhat familiar with changing in-game scripts I am not sure how to change the dialogue. Can I use XSE to do this or is there something extra involved?

Advance Map have this feature, open Advance Map, in a menu named Options, click on "Choose script editor" select your script editor then it will show a dialog, I guess click "Yes" for PKSV or "No" for XSE and then you just have to select your map and then the person you want to edit and then hit the "Open Script" button, it will display that NPC/Signpost/Script tile's script scroll all the way down and you will see the person's dialogues.

Back