• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen need catching up?the ultimate training guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocklee666

Leader Of the K.O.D.O
    Years
    O.K, say if you have a cool pokemon that you really like, or is very strong when raised right, and yuo have it at a low level, while the rest of your team is at like in the 40's and 50's, and is ready to take on the E4, then use this advice.

1. Save your money and get up to atleast 90,000 yen.
    2. Buy every statbooster.
    3.Give it to the preferred pokemon.
    4. Leave this pokemon in the daycare.
    For every step you make, you get 1 exp.
    5.in solaceon town, go all the way up and down the routes(just hold down),and repeat 30,000-60,000 times(go's up like 40 levels). It may seem like it would take forever, but in reality it take 20 minutes.

Normally, if you wanted to have your pokemon go up 35-40 levels, you'd spend over an hour and a half, to 3 hours of training. Instead, you save over an hours worth of time. The stat boosters just makes it stronger of coarse.If you did 100,000 steps or more, your poke would be in the 90's or level 100. But, this is only if you don't want to spend time with your pokes.(I only did this on riolu to have it cath up with the rest of my team, then realized, that this would help other trainers.).

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I find it easier to fight Pokemon that are in the high 50's with the Lucky Egg, I mean my Weavile shot up to level 50 in a few hours, but using the Daycare has the risk of taking away moves you want to have. I prefer chaining the Pokemon in the 50's and using the Lucky Egg, not like any Pokemon like Beldum and Metagross will be easy to level up from the Daycare either way, they take forever to level up, so it'd be quicker to just do it in battle. Also trading your Pokemon to trusted friends so they level up faster is good, I had a level 90 something linoone, didn't even give it a Lucky Egg and it was on level 96 with in a few minutes of going through the Victory Road.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    Cool, It still works.Sweet.
    No it doesn't work anymore, that was only in R/S/E.

1. Save your money and get up to atleast 90,000 yen.
    2. Buy every statbooster.
    3.Give it to the preferred pokemon.
    4. Leave this pokemon in the daycare.
    For every step you make, you get 1 exp.
    5.in solaceon town, go all the way up and down the routes(just hold down),and repeat 30,000-60,000 times(go's up like 40 levels). It may seem like it would take forever, but in reality it take 20 minutes.
    1. What does money have to do with exp...
    2.Increasing a pokemon in every stat isn't that good, and stat boosters use 10 of your EVs
    3. W/e
    4. Yea I think everybody knows that.
    5. Theres only about 70 steps from the top to bottom.

This isn't really the "ultimate training guide" because it says nothing about EV's nor would you gain EVs in daycare anyways.

Phoenix Wright

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2007
    not if you get a heart scale XP. Then you can get those lost moves back.

Yeah, but heart scales can be used up.

Still, if the pokemon i'm trying to level up isn't important, it doesn't matter if you daycare it or not.

I normally use daycare ro raise weak pokemon to about level 15, then I start battle-raising them.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    The Daycare does not apply the EVs earned from the vitamin items, so your method does zero good. IT's a lame, underhanded, and most importantly, failing alternate to actual EV training.

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
    Yeah, seriously. This guide really only focuses on getting Exp. in a rather lazy way. It doesn't count in EVs for stats, nor does it consider Egg Moves that the Pokémon may have, which cannot be retaught with Heart Scales. In that regard, a couple sweeps of the Elite 4 with Exp. Share would do better, I believe. After the Pokémon reached a point where it could handle itself, Lucky Egg leveling against things it could sweep itself would be next.

But if you are any bit of a serious trainer, you will do more than just feed the Pokémon every vitamin and start leveling. Actually EV-training not only will give you the stats you want, but if you actually pick a good place to do it, you will raise the level of the Pokémon up to the higher 20's/early 30's, or farther, depending on the Pokémon and the method of EV-training.

EV-training takes a lot longer, but good training does take time and patience...But if you dislike the more mathematical side of training, you are welcome to level anyway you like, but you may as well do it via the Elite 4. It's a bit more fun that way. x_x

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    This guide isn't really too useful. Everyone knows what the Daycare and the vitamins do. Experience can help to win some battles but you're really missing battle strategy and everything that can help later.

Anyway,

-CLOSED-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back