• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Need codng help with PKSVUI

FsaterThanDark

Professional Weirdo
    Years
    NOTE: I am using PKSVUI and Advance Map and a total noob with both, plz be patient with me

Im having trouble with adding new person and signpost events. at first, i would get a pre-written script for, lets say, a CUT tree, (from the pksvui files, not another event in the game) and i would compile and exit. then upon re-opening the script to check it, the script would be gone. i realized (finally) that i hadnt given the script an offset, so i fixed the offset problem but now i get errors in the script.
    I use PKSVUI to find open space and double check that the script and the in-game event have the same offset. I will post the text soon, i currently have no access to my editor. until i post that, any inklings as to what might be wrong?

Well i found out what my problems were so.... this post is now irrelevant.

Last edited:

DarkenedEclipse

Project Oak
    Years
    NOTE: I am using PKSVUI and Advance Map and a total noob with both, plz be patient with me

Im having trouble with adding new person and signpost events. at first, i would get a pre-written script for, lets say, a CUT tree, (from the pksvui files, not another event in the game) and i would compile and exit. then upon re-opening the script to check it, the script would be gone. i realized (finally) that i hadnt given the script an offset, so i fixed the offset problem but now i get errors in the script.
    I use PKSVUI to find open space and double check that the script and the in-game event have the same offset. I will post the text soon, i currently have no access to my editor. until i post that, any inklings as to what might be wrong?
    First off, please use xse, pksvui is WAYY out of date. XSE is a much better program that everyone understands, download it here:
    https://wahackpokemon.com/en/download/tools-gba

and select download pack basico which is basic pack. Thanks!:)
    ~Darkened

Back