• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Need help changing certain tiles at night time (such as lamp)

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I've already applied the CFRU and modified my ROM to have the Day and Night system through this.

I added in custom tiles to make the graphics have a more gen 4 style, and by doing this I tested to see if they appeared well at night time and most did

Picture of map during day: https://imgur.com/a/bKBAhKy
    Picture of map at night: https://imgur.com/a/PqdV4u5

The Houses at night have yellow added in some spots that I don't hate but would rather not have cuz it's disracting.

Also if I ideally wanted the lamp I have in the center to light up during nighttime, what would I do to implement this?

Essentially how can I edit the tiles in my map so that at night they appear differently?

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • The yellow on the rooftops would be a palette-related issue. It's displaying a color from the palette for the nighttime tiles. If you know where to look, you can use APE (probably?) to change that yellow color to something darker.

As for the lamp thing, well.. One way to do it would be to change the lamp tiles when it's night, and change them back when it's day. I have no idea how to do this myself, as I don't have much experience with CFRU.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I see, thank you!

I tried opening my rom in APE it doesn't show that specific pallette (Im using palette 8 for the houses speciifcally) and only shows stuff from title sequence and oak, and also has map palettes 0 and 3. Also I'm not exactly sure how I would access night time palettes here?

Sorry to bother I really appreciate your input

Back