• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help fine tuning my BT team

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2017
    So I've discovered the hard way that the Battle Tree is a few step above the Battle Maison in terms of difficulty. As of now my record is 10 wins.
    My team as of now

Kommo-o
    Ability: Soundproof
    Item: Muscle Band (you do what you can with what you have)
    Moves:
    Sky Uppercut
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Draco Meteor
    I gave him something around 60 Attacks EV so Sky Uppercut 2HKOs more consistently. The rest have gone in Defense, and some in Sp Def. Currently thinking of dropping Draco Meteor for Dragon Dance, as DM is not doing so much more damage than Dragon Claw following the 60 attack EV. Also considering swapping Earthquake for Rock Slide, as my bane has been Charizards that set up.

Tapu-Fini
    Item: Waterium Z
    Moves:
    Nature's Madness
    Surf
    Moonblast
    Hydro Pump
    Tape Fini has great survivability, so I'm considering reteaching her Aqua Ring, along with giving her Leftovers. Similarly to Kommo-o, I gave her few Special Attacks EV so her moves would 1HKO or 2HKO more consistently. Nature's Madness has not been very useful up to now.

Pheromosa
    Recently got one via GTS, and tried her "out of the box" to see if she was viable, and was pleasantly surprised, as she fits the role of revenge killer I was needing. I'm still unsure of what I'm going to teach her, apart from U-Turn. Hi-jump Kick seems interesting, but I'm afraid the 10% miss and crash chance is going to haunt me at the worst moment.
    Right now I'm leaning:
    Jump Kick
    U-Turn
    Bug Buzz
    Me First (or maybe Poison Jab)
    Item: Focus sash
    With most EV in Speed, some in Attack so the latter is Beast Boosted.

Is there anything better I could do?
    Thanks for reading.

Years
    Fairy Types are a pain to that team, you don't have poison or steel moves and Pheromosa and Kommo-o are weak to that type. I would train a Metagross and buy him a Metagrossite for example.

Secondly, I would try to buy Kommo-o a Life Orb asap. But I understand your pain, BP are a pain to farm in the beginning. Also I would teach him Swords Dance instead of Draco Meteor.

I'm currently in battle 28th and my actual team is Garchomp, Porygon 2 and Mega-Metagross... My record is 37th so yeah... I'm struggling too.

CurtisS2013

"Nothing is worth doing, unless you give your best
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    When starting Battle Tree as a newcomer...any tips in terms of what three Pokemon I should start with, and there setup?
    Any tips greatly appreciated. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    My advice to you is to know your team's weaknesses and try to cover it up the said weaknesses. I also reccomend you to EV train your Pokemon and get the right nature.

I just recently had a 36 win streak with a mono dragon team. I have fought and beaten 2 mono ice teams. However, I've lost to a Mega Alakazam.

Here is my team:

Garchomp
    Ability: Rough Skin
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs: Max Speed; Max Attack; 4 HP
    Substitute
    Swords Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake

Goodra
    Ability: Sap Sipper
    Item: Assault Vest
    EVs: Max HP; Max Special Attack; 4 Special Defense
    Dragon Pulse
    Muddy Water
    Sludge Bomb
    Thunderbolt

Salamence
    Ability: Intimidate
    Item: Salamencite
    EVs: Max HP; Half Attack; Half Speed
    Roost
    Dragon Dance
    Double Edge
    Earthquake

I know it's not the best team for the Battle Tree, but I've made it pretty far.

Back