• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help finishing my SS team

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Just beat the elite 4 and am pushing into kanto. But before i do the 8 kanto badges/red i am going to trade my pokemon over to my platinum and breed and train them.

Right now I have
    Weavile lvl 47
    Empoleon lvl 50
    Gengar lvl 43
    Typhlosion lvl 46

All of them but the typhlosion are breeded and EV trained already.
    On my platinum I have a
    70 Garchomp
    74 Vaporeon
    68 Infernape
    73 Ninetails
    67 Alakazam
    They are all breeded and EV trained and everything decked out with movesets. Now i want to put together a team for my soul silver for wifi battles. I want to ditch the typhlosion for sure. Im pretty sure i want to ditch the gengar. I really want to use vaporeon and empoleon but would two water types be redundant even though theyre for different purposes. I know garchomp is considered uber so he's out.
    So what I'm asking is what should my team consist of. I am more than willing to go out and catch new pokemon to breed and train i just cant think of any good ones. I want my team to consist of

Weaville
    Empoleon
    Vaporeon
    Infernape (possibly)
    EDIT: Togekiss
    X

can't decide on the last 1. Infernape im considering, and for vaporeon/empoleon one of them can be taken out. Haha i know all i have for sure is the weaville, but i want to hear everyone's opinion!

EDIT: I decided to add togekiss but cant decide on flinching or nasty plot togekiss. help me out :]

Last edited:

kaiser32

Rhymin' and Stealin' ~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2013
    Just beat the elite 4 and am pushing into kanto. But before i do the 8 kanto badges/red i am going to trade my pokemon over to my platinum and breed and train them.

Right now I have
    Weavile lvl 47
    Empoleon lvl 50
    Gengar lvl 43
    Typhlosion lvl 46

All of them but the typhlosion are breeded and EV trained already.
    On my platinum I have a
    70 Garchomp
    74 Vaporeon
    68 Infernape
    73 Ninetails
    67 Alakazam
    They are all breeded and EV trained and everything decked out with movesets. Now i want to put together a team for my soul silver for wifi battles. I want to ditch the typhlosion for sure. Im pretty sure i want to ditch the gengar. I really want to use vaporeon and empoleon but would two water types be redundant even though theyre for different purposes. I know garchomp is considered uber so he's out.
    So what I'm asking is what should my team consist of. I am more than willing to go out and catch new pokemon to breed and train i just cant think of any good ones. I want my team to consist of

Weaville
    Empoleon
    Vaporeon
    Infernape (possibly)
    EDIT: Togekiss
    X

can't decide on the last 1. Infernape im considering, and for vaporeon/empoleon one of them can be taken out. Haha i know all i have for sure is the weaville, but i want to hear everyone's opinion!

EDIT: I decided to add togekiss but cant decide on flinching or nasty plot togekiss. help me out :]

Trade your plat team over to SS. The kanto is pretty fun and by the time you get to red you should be alright. Also flinching helps the gyms. But nasty plot works better IMO

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Trade your plat team over to SS. The kanto is pretty fun and by the time you get to red you should be alright. Also flinching helps the gyms. But nasty plot works better IMO

Yeah i know im trading my plat stuff over to SS, but im talking about making a team of 6 for wifi battling. I got for sure weaville and togekiss. Im pretty sure i want to use my empoleon as special wall/utility. Then i need 3 more. Im considering using my infernape but dont know and same with vaporeon. so i just need tips on the last 3

kaiser32

Rhymin' and Stealin' ~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2013
    Yeah i know im trading my plat stuff over to SS, but im talking about making a team of 6 for wifi battling. I got for sure weaville and togekiss. Im pretty sure i want to use my empoleon as special wall/utility. Then i need 3 more. Im considering using my infernape but dont know and same with vaporeon. so i just need tips on the last 3

Is that kazam coming over for wifi too? If so good. Also try and get a spiker while in kanto/johto. It's important.

And screw Infenape. Use a snorlax for a wall/tank curselax works. vaporeon can help the weak side with some water moves. Be sure to include alot of mixture of moves. Don't screw yourself over by focusing on power.

Back