• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

need help on making art for a brand new oc

Days
  • Age 18
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
GREAT ARTISTS OF THE POKEMON COMMUNITY, I REQUEST THY HELP

so i've had this headcanon for a brand new pokemon character for quite a while now, and i wanted to share it with you guys and ask your help

my goal for this character is to get a concept art and popularize him, but idk how to draw, so i would really appreciate if someone could help me with this, i'll give you credit

i'll post some lore about the oc in this thread soon

Attachments

• IMG_0632.jpeg
    IMG_0632.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0633.jpeg
    IMG_0633.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 8

Boomix

Wandering Artist in the Pokemon plains...
Days
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jun 20, 2023
I mean even though you don't know how to draw you can try to make creative ideas on your oc's design, especially their clothing. Think of some things that might inspire or influence your oc's design: what are the Pokemon they use? What type do they specialize in (if they do)? What era of Pokemon did they live in? What do they do for a living? Or if it's important to your character's background, what region do they live in? Taking some concepts from their lore and overall character can help influence how they look like, and if your oc's story spans over a period of time you can idealize their designs in different points of their story and how their development as a person influenced their appearance (if you're story involves character development). Maybe writing them down in a footnote or journal could help lay down some ideas you can think of.

Days
  • Age 18
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
i already did write my oc's lore, origin, and pokemon team, i just don't plan to put it in this forum yet

Boomix

Wandering Artist in the Pokemon plains...
Days
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jun 20, 2023
Oh ok, I understand that even I myself haven't posted my preexisting writing ideas and art before fully settling myself here. Tbh I haven't drawn in a while so maybe helping you out can get my motivations running again. And you can give me some of your concept ideas for reference or I can make their design on my own if that's fine

Days
  • Age 18
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
thanks for helping me out with this, i'll be sure to credit you for this work
there are two pictures of the oc at the top of this thread, you can use that
i just want a few changes to the oc's right glove, there should be a key stone attached to the top of his glove (blue arrow), a dynamax band with the top of a z ring attached to it (the z ring should be at the front of his wrist, the yellow arrow, and the bottom part should be on the other side, the red arrow), then finally he's holding a tera orb

Attachments

• IMG_0632.jpeg
    IMG_0632.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0718.jpeg
    IMG_0718.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0719.jpeg
    IMG_0719.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 0
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
GREAT ARTISTS OF THE POKEMON COMMUNITY, I REQUEST THY HELP

so i've had this headcanon for a brand new pokemon character for quite a while now, and i wanted to share it with you guys and ask your help

my goal for this character is to get a concept art and popularize him, but idk how to draw, so i would really appreciate if someone could help me with this, i'll give you credit

i'll post some lore about the oc in this thread soon

Hi, what i'm understanding, you are looking for an artist that just make this 3D model into a 2D drawing, with minor changes. (the items that you said the tera orb, the dynamax band, the z ring, etc.).
For a more appealing character you need a distinction like the clothes, hairstyle, color combination or things that make it more unique.
you could share the lore and maybe that gives more for the artists to work.
If you look on the official art, some of your favorite characters make a really good impression because of all of these things in combination.
That kind of things help to much to stand out.

Edit:
Anyway i did a take on the concept, leaving it here. I really don't post too often, so i can't say i could take the full request.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Days
  • Age 18
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
imo i really like the design of this guy, it's simple and easy to work with, i did put in a few minor details (the items on his wrist), but yeah nothing else really

thanks for the art btw!

edit: ummm i think i forgot to say this but the oc has brown-colored skin, this hex code specifically (#c68642)

Back