• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need Help Setting Up A Team

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this (if it isn't I hope someone could direct me towards the right area) but I just started a new game of Leaf Green recently, and have had trouble deciding about between the Pokemon I want on my team. I have a few different ones that I've been switching in and out, but can't quite settle on a solid 6. Here are my choices:

Venusaur (Lv. 38)
    Kadabra (Lv. 40)
    Clefairy (Lv. 31)
    Snorlax (Lv. 31)
    Fearow (Lv. 32)
    Dugtrio (Lv. 32)
    Hitmonlee (Lv. 29)
    Haunter (Lv. 25)
    Gyrados (Lv. 25)

If you need movesets or anything, I can provide those as well. Also, if there any other suggestions you have for diversifying my team, please let me know. Thanks. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Moving to in game team help forum, too tired to think of how to help with your team though lol

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    I personally would choose:

Venusaur (Lv. 38)
    Kadabra (Lv. 40)
    Snorlax (Lv. 31)
    Dugtrio (Lv. 32)
    Haunter (Lv. 25)
    Gyrados (Lv. 25)

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I personally would choose:

Venusaur (Lv. 38)
    Kadabra (Lv. 40)
    Snorlax (Lv. 31)
    Dugtrio (Lv. 32)
    Haunter (Lv. 25)
    Gyrados (Lv. 25)

This. All I think you need to do is evolve your haunter and kadabra and just gind all your pokemon to the same level and you've got a good team! :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Would there be any advantages to me evolving my Clefairy into a Clefable?

I also have an Eevee and am not sure if I should evolve into Jolteon, Flareon, or Vaporeon to make up for any Pokemon types I'm lacking on my team.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    This. All I think you need to do is evolve your haunter and kadabra and just gind all your pokemon to the same level and you've got a good team! :)

I went into Safari Zone and caught a few Pokemon, so my team's been changed up quite a bit. Does this look better now?

Alakazam (Lv. 44)
    Venusaur (Lv. 40)
    Gengar (Lv. 25)
    Dragonair (Lv. 28)
    Kangaskhan (Lv. 25)
    Lapras (Lv. 25)

I'm still keeping these guys on the side in case though:

Dodrio (Lv. 31)
    Clefairy (Lv. 33)
    Fearow (Lv. 35)
    Gyrados (Lv. 25)
    Hitmonlee (Lv. 31)
    Dugtrio (Lv. 33)
    Snorlax (Lv. 31)

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    It seems to be taking shape pretty good tbh, if you wanted more bulk the only suggestion I could give is replacing Kangaskhan for Snorlax, although it can be a pain to train lol.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    It looks like your team is set up for special attacking with the exception of kangaskhan and dragonair/dragonite. I would use either snorlax or hitmonlee. Snorlax because of bulk and power believe it or not it does have some power. Hitmonlee makes up the physical power of the team. If the natures are right u have a hard choice. i know this isnt competetive battling but, i would rather have a strong hitmonlee than a weak one.

Back