• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Need help with challenge for nooby

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2016
    Basically nuzlocke but additionally anytime you beat a gym or the elite four you must retire the strongest Pokemon you used in the battle (s). Makes the game much more challenging plus way more rewarding ras it forces you to train a whole host of Pokemon. Additional rules: 1) cannot have more th an one of any species of Pokemon. 2) though revives can't be bought, you may use revives which are found. This is the only way to revive "dead" or "retired" Pokemon

Background: when I was a kid my parents refused to buy me any new Pokemon games so I had to figure out ways to make the gen 1 games replays able somehow... Lol

Recently beat downloaded yellow on ds like this. Now onto soul silver (first time not in gen 1) Just beat the second badge and already finding it much more difficult than yellow plus I really don't know the new Pokemon or any of the trainers. First non gen 1 I've played. So if anyone has any tips that be helpful. 😊

Retired onix after first gym. Retired Piaget after second. Lost wooper 🙁🙁🙁.

Current team: quislava, hoot hoot, the electric Pokemon ambrosi I think. And replaced wooper with slowpoke. Gonna pick up machop soon for 3rd normal base. Gonna use hoot hoot against 4th ghost badge.
    Though that would work bc he can't fall asleep and can learn psychic moves.
    But from there on I'm not really sure. So any ideas or tips would be much appreciated

Back