• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need Help with making a Manga.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    I showed my friends my drawing because they were perfect (30 of them). They said lets start our own manga, I said OK. But the thing is I can't think of a Story. I don't need help with characters or anything, ONLY Story.
    So, Any ideas. BTW The character are all 13 years-old. These are 2 really important rules:
    -No Girls.
    -No lo-e.
    Got it?

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    You can't really make a story with such restrictions. No love, no girls? It's no easy feat to make anything decent with your proclaimed talent if you don't have those. But if you're going to go ahead with it and with such restrictions, do a shonen action-manga style story.
    Good luck making your manga, and please remember to practice a lot. Drawings, like people, aren't perfect and you can't improve if you maintain a mentality that they are. Those are just my thoughts.

Dusclord

Ganon killer
    Years
    A manga without girls, without love (even a virile gay love XD)... people call that shonen (do not ask me what that means, I don't speak japanese). But they said a shonen doesn't need any specific story so you don't have to introduce any great story...

But It's YOUR manga so feel free to do anyting you like 8D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm actually thinking this should go in Japanese Entertainment. You say manga instead of comic book (so it doesn't really go here anyway, come to think of it), and the masters of cliche anime plots are over there so... off it goes!

Anyway, the only way I can think of to plausibly have no females would be to have it take place at an all-boys' school or something. :| Like... a boarding school. I dunno. Make it a shounen style and give them all super powers or something.[/lame at suggestions]

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    No girls, no love... and everyone thirteen?

Maybe something like Lord of the Flies, which would be interesting in itself even if you don't get far making it.

Last edited:

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    I showed my friends my drawing because they were perfect (30 of them). They said lets start our own manga, I said OK. But the thing is I can't think of a Story. I don't need help with characters or anything, ONLY Story.
    So, Any ideas. BTW The character are all 13 years-old. These are 2 really important rules:
    -No Girls.
    -No lo-e.
    Got it?

Oh wait what? Sorry that really dosen't work as a Manga, at all, check my page for my info.

Why so sexist?

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    -No Girls.
    -No lo-e.

I'm a great idea machine so I can give you an idea
    A society of only male humans and all the thirteen year olds must become warriors and train. It'd be like the Gerudos from Zelda only male.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    Number 1, I'm 12. I'm not supposed to like that stuff. And my friends hate that too. It's really big humiliation if anyone knows that you like any one of the above. In my country, it starts at 17.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Number 1, I'm 12. I'm not supposed to like that stuff. And my friends hate that too. It's really big humiliation if anyone knows that you like any one of the above. In my country, it starts at 17.

Just having girls in there without the romance is fine. (plus later in life if you show it to anyone, they won't make certain assumptions about you, but meh XD)

Anyways, i'm liking the idea of a lord of the flies-type storyline, seems to work the best considering there's no girls in it (even Shounen generally has some kinda somewhat - romance thing going on, even if it generally isn't visited at all)

Tsukuyomi

fly.me.to.the.moon.
    Years
    Just because you're planning to make it in the vein of Naruto doesn't mean you shouldn't include girls, particularly since female empowerment is always a good thing. Take Claymore; that's aimed at young boys and the principal cast is mainly female. On top of that, they kick ass. D.Gray-man is another; Lenalee has a strong will, an awesome ability and is actually rather cute. Nami from One Piece is a tomboy who can control the weather, etc.

So yeah. Restrict yourself like that and it just won't work. Just because Naruto, Bleach and Death Note have weak/stupid females doesn't mean all stories should.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Wow restriction. XD;

Having a manga with only boys won't appeal to everyone. In fact, it'll only appeal to.. 13 year old boys. o.o

But I guess, if you were to do a manga about 13 year old boys, I suppose magic powers, swords, fighting and whatnot would be involved.

And ninjas, lol.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    Yeah, that's what my friends and me said: Ninjas are necassary, we're all huge fans of ninja stuff. Yeah, I need a story with those magic, swords and stuff.

Anyway, nobody's going to the topic, A STORY. Nobody suggested a story. Anyone?

Tsukuyomi

fly.me.to.the.moon.
    Years
    Yeah, that's what my friends and me said: Ninjas are necassary, we're all huge fans of ninja stuff. Yeah, I need a story with those magic, swords and stuff.

Ninja (ninjas isn't grammatically correct) are stealthy. Magic, swords, etc. are not.

Anyway, nobody's going to the topic, A STORY. Nobody suggested a story. Anyone?

Well, my revelation affects your story, and we're still wondering why you won't include girls in your story.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    No girls, no love... and everyone thirteen?

Maybe something like Lord of the Flies, which would be interesting in itself even if you don't get far making it.
    A Lord of the Flies manga will be perfect XD
    It'll actually make a nice graphic novel.

I suspect Ralph x Jack yaoi doujins next in line.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    Actually I was thinking of doing a Manga based on the Lost world by Arthur Conan Doyle, so maybe we could work together on it via the Internet! (Wait have you read that book? If not so then I suggest it, it's great)

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Manga doesn't need to have romance and girls. Just like that one manga I forgot what it was called something about a boarding school. oo;

Anyways yeah you could do something about the end of the world and there are no girls and only guys and the girls have disappeared and then the guys have these strange powers. Oh wait then that would mean there are only girls right? D:

Or you could have one of the characters make robots so he isn't lonely. Yes I am just typing this out of my head. XD;

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    OK OK, I talked it over with my friends, They said: "alright, you can put a few girls in it" but no r*man*ic stuff." But they still said that it still doesn't remove the allergy they have with girls, I joined the allergy too. (we just say that).

So. any long idea about the story,
    Well I have thought that the FIRST saga will be about stones(like ruby, sapphire, topaz, Onyx) with 3 legendary stones: PHOENIX(the greatest), the other two are of the same level but are inferior to the phoenix one. but there's no BIG difference(e.g The phoenix is level 100 and other 2 are 98). All of them have their legendary unique swords with a slot where the stones can be put....

Now You have to help continue.

BTW My friends let me make all the important decisions, in EVERYTHING(I don't know why) not only in drawing and manga stuff. everything!

Back