• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Need help with team :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Hey guys, I have restarted my game as I was not happy with my team and felt like I had rushed it!

Basically I have chosen for my team, Greninja, Veanusaur, and Blaziken (still in their first forms at the moment.) So what I need is three more pokemon to fill the slots.

Now I need a flying to get around quick and to take care of fighting types etc. I was wondering what would be a good flying type that also can do something else such as dragonite? I have been trying to trade for a Dratini but no luck so far.

Is there a point of having thunder when grass takes care of water? I mean battling flying types has never really been a problem since gen 1.

I was thinking Aegislash (I had it before) but with Greninjas dark moves is there much point? I mean I only used it to take care of ghosts and psychic. So I was thinking what other two types to have and what pokemon?

Also moveset lists for all six would be great :) I need each of them to have some kind of HM role (including rock smash) and also False swipe for filling the Pokedex.

Oh and earlier in the game the better :)

Much appreciated :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    Hey guys, I have restarted my game as I was not happy with my team and felt like I had rushed it!

Basically I have chosen for my team, Greninja, Veanusaur, and Blaziken (still in their first forms at the moment.) So what I need is three more pokemon to fill the slots.

Now I need a flying to get around quick and to take care of fighting types etc. I was wondering what would be a good flying type that also can do something else such as dragonite? I have been trying to trade for a Dratini but no luck so far.

Is there a point of having thunder when grass takes care of water? I mean battling flying types has never really been a problem since gen 1.

I was thinking Aegislash (I had it before) but with Greninjas dark moves is there much point? I mean I only used it to take care of ghosts and psychic. So I was thinking what other two types to have and what pokemon?

Also moveset lists for all six would be great :) I need each of them to have some kind of HM role (including rock smash) and also False swipe for filling the Pokedex.

Oh and earlier in the game the better :)

Much appreciated :)
    Catch an Axew. Evolving it to Haxorus can be a challenge but it is well worth it, it learns false swipe and can learn rock smash and with it's awesome attack stat it can use the move and it does half decent damage.

My team before catching Yvetal was
    Charizard, Greninja, Gardevoir, Haxorus, Blaziken (levels up so ****ing much) and Lucario.

You can catch Ralts and Riolu on the same route in the 3rd city I think it is, apparently they are rare but for me I only saw 2 pokemon there, being those 2 respectively so I'm not sure.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Awesome :) I was thinking Ralts, does garde get better defense? Because ralts always dies >_<. As far as Riolu just thinking about having to fight types in a team if its a good idea or not hmm. Still need a flying, but thanks for advice! :)

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Awesome :) I was thinking Ralts, does garde get better defense? Because ralts always dies >_<. As far as Riolu just thinking about having to fight types in a team if its a good idea or not hmm. Still need a flying, but thanks for advice! :)

Don't get Riolu, I use Lucario but it's the one you get for free when you unlock Mega Evolution. It comes with it's Mega Stone as well. It should be right around your parties average level. So no need to train one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Yeah I know of the mega one :) just can never spell it so i said riolu haha ><. Was just thinking if team would be a bit unbalanced with two fight types.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Yeah I know of the mega one :) just can never spell it so i said riolu haha ><. Was just thinking if team would be a bit unbalanced with two fight types.

Well I got a Ralts(Male) to evolve to use to catch Pokemon. False Swipe + Hypnosis. That is it's only role. Don't use it for anything else.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • I would consider an Eevee so you can get a Vaporeon. I really wouldn't worry about building a team around Rock Smash or False Swipe because remember you can always learn and forget TMs as you please, which is very convenient, e.g. I have a Pangoro that knows Power-Up Punch, but I replace it for Rock Smash to when I need to, and then just teach it Power-Up Punch again when I'm done. As for flying types, you can't go wrong with a Staraptor.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I suggest getting a Salamence for your Flying Pokemon. You can get Bagon pretty early on with a bit of searching. It might take a bit of grinding but once he is a Salamence it will be well worth it. Very strong Pokemon and not just a Fly HM mule that you will barely use in battle.

Also I think Aegislash would be a good Pokemon for you or anybody really. He wrecks everything in his path. Can set up while having uber high defences and then when he is ready to attack nothing will survive xD Besides Steel will be a useful typing to have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back