• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Need help!

Keyira

Master Trainer
    Years
    hi guys i have two DS with 1 fire red and 1 emerald
    but i cant seem to trade from fire red to emerald through them. do i need the adapters?... i really dont wanna buy 2 GBA SP.

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    hi guys i have two DS with 1 fire red and 1 emerald
    but i cant seem to trade from fire red to emerald through them. do i need the adapters?... i really dont wanna buy 2 GBA SP.

Yeah,but if you got firered then it may have come
    with a wireless adapter,and then just buy another
    one or get a link cable,of course you can just get
    a friend for all of that stuff,you might even want
    to trade with her/him!

:t383:Pokefan2008

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    i remember trying to get one of those wireless adapters into my ds. sorry, but there's no place for it. it won't work. neither will the cable.

i think you would have enough money for two gba's if you sold one ds. or close to enough.

or

if you have a gamecube and pokemon colosseum or xd, you could just borrow a gba and buy a gamecube - gba connector cable. it would take forever and be painfully monotonous, but it'd work.

but, as Pokefan2008 said, finding someone to help would be a lot easier.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Yeah,but if you got firered then it may have come
    with a wireless adapter,and then just buy another
    one or get a link cable,of course you can just get
    a friend for all of that stuff,you might even want
    to trade with her/him!

First off, this kinda doesn't work with a pair of DSes (which were mentioned as the medium in the first post), given, you know, the DS isn't supposed to connect with other DSes in this way.

Second, as a general note to the original poster, yeah, you'll need a pair of GBAs and a link cable/wireless adapter. The DS was not made to host the capabilities that would allow you to trade between older games. That is, the DS's wireless features are for DS games only (not GBA games), and it doesn't have a link cable outlet where you'd be able to plug in a wireless adapter or link cable. Because of that, the DS advertises itself as being able to play GBA games only in one-player mode.

Twar3Draconis

Super Asian
    Years
    With the gamecube, he means with one of the Pokemon Colosseum games, or Pokemon Box. Using a gameboy, you can trade/transfer Pokemon on, switch games and trade them to the next cart.

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
    Yeah you need two gba's but you could buy them cheap if they're used. The ones at eb games are just 20 dollars each.

Back