• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need LOTS of help with my D/P team

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2007
    I am very competitive and am looking for a well built D/P team for online battles. I don't know much about movesets and natures but this is my current team:

Roserade (F)
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Item: Big root
    Stun spore
    Giga Drain
    Grasswhistle
    Toxic spikes

Alakazam (M)
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Synchronize
    Item: Mind plate
    Psybeam
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Recover

Empoleon (M)
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Torrent
    Item: Splash Plate
    Brine
    Aqua Jet
    Surf
    Hydro Pump

Luxray (F)
    Nature: Brave
    Ability: Intimidate
    Item: Magnet
    Thunder fang
    Spark
    Charge
    Crunch

Infernape (M)
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Blaze
    Item: Scope Lens
    Flare Blitz
    Flamethrower
    Close Combat
    Taunt

Staraptor (F)
    Nature: Naive
    Item: Sky Plate
    Close Combat
    Endeavor
    Aerial Ace
    Wing attack

I built this team while beating the game so now I have access to almost any pokemon so any advice would be real nice. I'm planning to rebreed my team for better natures so any help on that and movesets and just any new pokemon to switch in. Any help would be appreciated really.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • I am very competitive and am looking for a well built D/P team for online battles. I don't know much about movesets and natures but this is my current team:

Roserade (F)
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Item: Big root
    Stun spore
    Giga Drain
    Grasswhistle
    Toxic spikes

Alakazam (M)
    Nature: Jolly Timid/Modest
    Ability: Synchronize
    Item: Mind plate
    Psybeam Energy Ball
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Recover Focus Blast

Totally screwed over by the -SAtk nature. Really, just ditch this or breed yourself a Timid or Modest one. Recover is a waste with those low defensive stats.

Empoleon (M)
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Torrent
    Item: Splash Plate Wisdom Glasses/Life Orb/Leftovers
    Brine Grass Knot
    Aqua Jet Ice Beam
    Surf
    Hydro Pump Agility

Can't really picture Empoleon as anything but a special sweep. Also, avoid multiple damaging moves of the same type on a pokémon like the plague. Unless they've got some very specific and relevant effects (such as Quick Attack) then they're just wasting space and narrowing the utility of your pokémon. :\ This one will be fighting with Infernape over the Grass Knot TM, so give it to the ape if in doubt. You could really replace this with a more useful water type.

Luxray (F)
    Nature: Brave Adamant
    Item: Magnet Leftovers/Life Orb
    Thunder fang/Spark
    Spark Ice Fang
    Charge Thunder Wave
    Crunch

Yeah, pretty self-explanatory sweeping type. The combined para-flinch hax provided by t-wave and the fang attacks is lovely.

Infernape (M)
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Blaze
    Item: Scope Lens Life Orb
    Flare Blitz Grass Knot
    Flamethrower
    Close Combat Focus Blast
    Taunt Nasty Plot

Urgh...another nature that's sort of...well, fortunately Infernape can work with special sweeping as well. Focus Blast and Flamethrower are no-brainers on account of being high-power STAB moves, Nasty Plot is also obvious and Grass Knot handles bulky waters. Also, Life Orb over Scope Lens. That measly critical hit bonus is not really any good for anything except maybe sniping Dorapion, and even then it's kind of meh. Also, if you want a physical set:

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Close Combat
    Blaze Kick/Flare Blitz
    Stone Edge
    Swords Dance

Heavy-duty sweepr, Flare Blitz deals massive damage, but the double recoil is a real witch. Blaze Kick for a more HP-friendly solution.

Staraptor (F)
    Nature: Naive Jolly/Adamant
    Item: Sky Plate Choice Band/Choice Scarf
    Close Combat
    Endeavor Return/Quick Attack
    Aerial Ace Brave Bird
    Wing attack U-Turn

Once again, let me remind you about the same type moves thing. Brave Bird is the move of choice here, because the potential damage is tremendous. Endeavor won't do you much good, since it requires some very specific setting up which just isn't worth it in this case. All out physical sweeping ftw. Return adds to your range of high STAB damage, but Quick Attack lets you finish off low-HP targets or speed-boosted revers/flailers that would sweep your team. U-Turn is a bit of a toss-in, but it's nice for when you don't know quite what your opponent will switch in since it deals some damage and lets you send out whatever best counters the switch-in. On the item and nature bit, Choice Band goes with Jolly and Choice Scarf goes with Adamant. Naive can work too, but if you're breeding for perfection then go for those ideal natures. ;D

I built this team while beating the game so now I have access to almost any pokemon so any advice would be real nice. I'm planning to rebreed my team for better natures so any help on that and movesets and just any new pokemon to switch in. Any help would be appreciated really.

Yeah, hope some of that helped. I'll return to Roserade tomorrow, as I'm sort of out of computer time now. :3 Also, you need some walling types if you want to make it in competitive. Milotic, Blissey, and Rhyperior are staples.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2007
    Thanks for the help. Anyone else have anything to add such as different movesets or even a different team. I don't know how good luxray or some others could be or what to put in there places.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Infernape should have a +Spd Nature ALWAYS. This means Naive for the Mixed Sweeper and Jolly for the Physical sweeper. It's needed to outspeed threats like Adamant Dugtrio and Jolly Garchomp.

Roserade is a horrible starter. It can't do anything against most of the common leads (Weavile, CSGengar, CSHeracross, etc.) Plus, why are you trying to inflict so many statuses with your inaccurate moves? The only status move Roserade should have is Sleep Powder.

Use Infernape as your lead and give Roserade something like:

Roserade @Choice Specs
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    Trait: Natural Cure
    -Leaf Storm
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power [Fire]/Grass Knot

Luxray sucks as an Electric type. Weak moves, low speed, and frail defenses mean it can't hit hard and it won't last long.

Electivire is much better:

Electivire @Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Atk / 188 Spd / 68 SAtk
    Hasty Nature
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Punch
    -Cross Chop
    -Earthquake/Hidden Power [Grass]

Empoleon is your only defense against SpecsMence, so make the most out of it:

Empoleon @Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 8 Spd / 100 SAtk / 148 SDef
    Calm Nature
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot
    -Stealth Rock

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

White Lotus

As High As Wu-Tang Gets
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    I like this Infernape...

Infernape w/Life Orb
    'Blaze' : Raises (Fire) attacks when HP is low.
    <Hasty : +Spd / -Def>
    * Close Combat
    * Flamethrower
    * Grass Knot
    * Nasty Plot

I like having him mixed for the purpose of removing Blissey / Snorlax from getting in you way. He has mixed stats so why not use em.

*Yawn is also an option for Empoleon in that last slot but i like that better on a team with a lot of Choicers to help them get in when their HP is low.

For this team i like *Stealth Rock more though.

Alter Ego is right about the Alakazam. The only thing worse than <Jolly> would have been <Adament> ~ just total yuck.

Alakazam w/ChoiceSpecs
    'Syncronize' : Passes on status effects to opponent.
    <Timid : +Spd / -Att>
    * Psychic
    * Shadow Ball
    * Focus Blast
    * Trick

<*Trick totally screws over Blissey as well as crippling Physical Sweepers if needed. If not the ChoiceSpecs just boost your special attacks. TrickZam is bringing sexy back.>

Back