• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need some advice, And wondering if someone can trade.

TopHat

I'm All WillyWonka.
    Years
    Hey guys, a couple days ago I purchased Soulsilver.
    I have seven badges with about 18 hours of gameplay.
    My team goes like this :

Typhlosion Lv 44.
    Golduck Lv 35.
    Ampharos Lv 30.
    Nidoking Lv 31
    Ghastly Lv 20.
    And plan on getting a Dragonite too finish my team.

Id like some suggestions on different pokemon.
    I know for sure Golduck and Typhlosion are staying.

But I was wondering is there anybody whou could give me advice to a
    good training spot for ghastly. Everytime I try too train my pokemon get knocked out.
    I just want a good spot.

Also After I Get ghastly to thirty i was wondering if someone will trade me,
    And then trade back so i can Have Gengar.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Would this be in-game or a competetive team?

If competetive;
    All Pokemon there except from Dragonite, are really, not what you want. You want something like a Heatran to eliminate some of Dragonite's weaknesses, and Something that can eliminate ground types, like a Gyarados. Then you'd want something that can eliminate his weakness, like Tyranitar, then work from there.

If in-game;
    What level is Gastly? The lower the level, the harder it will be to train because of the amount of normal types at the begining. You want to get hold of a Dark Pulse, just to be able to train it, then get moves suited to its highest attacking stat. It's not that hard in-game, just have a well structured, well trained team.

TopHat

I'm All WillyWonka.
    Years
    InGame, I'm new to competitive, I'm still studying.
    So far now I'm clueless on what too use for my competitive

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Moved this to the In-Game Team Help forum as team reviews aren't allowed in the HeartGold & SoulSilver (DS) section. As for your request to trade your Haunter to make it evolve, you may want to ask that in the Quick Trade Thread.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I could trade. Just keep in touch and tell me when you're ready, since I will forget by then.

As for your team -- it looks solid, though tbh, Golduck could be replaced by some better Water-types you can find in-game. Since you've said it's staying already, well, there's probably nothing I can say to change your mind. Dragonite could be a good choice for your final slot.

Gastly isn't an easy Pokemon to train in HGSS. You could train it early on against other Gastly, then on Drowzee when he's fast and strong enough to take them out in one hit. If you have money, opt for a Thunderbolt or Psychic TM and defeat Psyduck or Grass/Poison-types like Oddish or Gloom. If you're not going to EV train, you could really fight anything, but I really think Gastly needs a TM move to expedite the process. He's not really doing much with his own moveset, at least until L33 when he learns his best attack - Shadow Ball.

Back