• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

need some advice on this deck plz

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    Alright well I was looking through the Diamond Pearl cards and I came up with the idea of making a deck with these cards:

SW Ampharos
    SW Electrode

and some voltorbs mareeps and flaafy... As you can see, i'm going for a deck that keeps damaging all of the opponents pokemon, but what I need help with is just deciding if i should put in any other pokemon, if so whic cards, and what kind of synergy would it have with Ampharos and Electrode?.

Also any opinions on having this electrode and ampharos in the same deck would help as well.

I was thinking of also putting in either Zapdos from MD or Raikou - SW, or maybe even both, I think Zapdos would be good for the fighting resistance and it's pokepower.

Please give me your opinion, any response will be appreciated.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I'm all for Ampharos, I really am. However, the Electrode (at least that particular one) wouldn't be very good to use. There are plenty of other Electrode, and I highly recommend Electrode Stormfront 36 if you want to use an Electrode.

But it'd also be a good idea to get a card that's resistant the the
    type, as the
    are usually weak to them. Either a
    or
    back-up type would be an excellent choice.

As for choosing between Zapdos and Raikou, neither of them are a very good choice.​

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    If you wanna build a spread deck (spread is damaging all your opponent's Pokes), I would add Raichu GL from RR, and Spirtomb from IDK which set. Also, maybe Night Maintenance to rescue Energy.

Back