• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need some Feed Back on my first sprites XD

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
Years
  • Hey They I'm Lucas :D I've been lurking this site for a while now and i think I've learned to teach my self how to sprite, reading many different guides and looking at other peoples sprites, i think i got the basic idea of how it goes down, It would be great to get some feed back on the first ever sprites I've done if you all dont mind :D

I know the the quality ain't the greatest XD

gol

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    I might critique more later but.... it'd be best if you saved as PNG. Reading all of those tutorials should have taught you that...

Kiryu

Zuko ftw *shot*
    Years
  • Narwail by itself is WAY too big...most sprites are 80x80...and not all the way to the edges =/

The outlines are all black, and kind of sketchy =/

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
    Years
  • Yeah i was worried about that XP I'll redo an shrink it down so its an decent size Thanks :D

Oh an BTW Here is the PNG image much better quality.

Kiryu

Zuko ftw *shot*
    Years
  • better (isnt PNG aesome?)

Narhorn's tail looks alittle strange...like its smushed (sm-oo-shd) or something...

and Narwail's underside looks kindof like wailord's.........

Kiryu

Zuko ftw *shot*
    Years
  • not ATM =/

it's teeth also look flat...unless this was intended you might want to put some shading on them

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
    Years
  • yeah there supposed to look flat but it dose'nt matter

I'm Totally revamping it to look a bit more better XD

Thanks for your Feedback ^.^

Years
  • It's an improvement. Giving it a different pose also helps make it look more unique.

It's got problems with its linework though. On the bottom the outline is two pixels thick in one area. There's almost never a reason to do that since the outline is not meant to stand out so much. It's something that often happens when you resize a sprite in paint or a similar program and it's always a good idea to go back and clean it up. It's something I'd suggest you do with several of your sprites.

There's another thing about your outline which I think could be improved. You have places where the outline is done in a tetris block style where the pixels are touching at the tops and sides when you can get away with diagonal connections and have a smoother outline. If that doesn't make sense here's a visual:

Need some Feed Back on my first sprites XD

Keep at it.

gol

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    actually sandeon I think it is just a Spinda with different colors.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    They're good for your first scratches, mine aren't much better now xD But yeah, neaten up the outlines and i think you should add a few more shades of the colors, seen as they only have 1 or 2.

Back