• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen need some help finding some pokemon

skippy

EAGLES FAN
Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Oct 4, 2004
    i cant find azurill, nosepass, feebas, staryu, or chimecho.

in the pokedex it says you can find nosepass in that one cave(cant remember the name) and that i can get staryu in lilycove city but ive spent tons of time looking and cant find them anywhere.
    i also want to know if clampearl evolves into huntail. if so when and if not where can i find huntail.

thanx in advance.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • chimenco is found at the top of mt.pyre, go to almost the very top of the mountain and its in the grass on the highest left hand side you can reach

azurill is gotten by breeding 2 marill in the breeding centre, not sure but i think the male needs to be holding lax insense or sea insense

nosepass is gotten by using rock smash on well....rocks! in dewford town cave

staryu is found using a super rod off the east coast of lilycove

feebas is the tricky one, please read the FAQ for information on that one

firered_deoxys

the pink one rulez all!!
    Years
  • yes clampearl evolves into huntail... sorta
    you help out stern (I dunno when) and he'll give you a choice between two items (its kinda obvious which one is needed for which), then let clampearl hold it, then trade the clampearl and you got you'r self either a gorbyss or a huntail

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • oh sorry yeah, never bothered reading that bit, incase you really dont know which one it is when the time comes its deepseatooth

skippy

EAGLES FAN
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Oct 4, 2004
    ok i looked in the FAQ but i didnt find anything on feebas. can you give me a link?
    can you buy lax or sea insense anywhere? i dont think i have either one.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • you will get azuril by breeding 2 marils, the female holding sea insence
    sea incense is found - Mt. Pyre - On the fourth floor

obviously you didnt look very hard in the FAQ, here it is
    --------------------------------------------

Catching Feebas and Milotic

I higly recommend catching Feebas for these three reasons -

1) To complete the pokedex
    2) For some bragging rights
    3) To obtain a milotic which is has great Special Attack and Special Defense, along with a great move pool.

What You Will Need

1) old/good/super rod [old is preferred as Feebas can be caught with it, but u don't have to waste time with other pokemon besides magicarp and a few tentacool. It can be obtained by a fisher in Dewford town. He stands near to the gym]
    2) approximately 5 pokeballs [higher grades are not nessary for such a weak pokemon] as you will want to catch a few feebas.
    3) a pokemon that knows surf [HM slave ^_^]
    4) a pokemon that knows fly [not a must but after sitting in that water for so long i would think u would want to get out of there as quickly as possible]

Feebas is a rare little fish pokemon. How rare you ask??
    Well let me see. It is obtainable in 6 tiles [sections of surfing water] out of approximately 400 tiles of surfing water on route 119.
    Now thats something isn't it??
    The feebas tiles are random and if you change the "Popular Phrase" in Dewford town the tile positions are RANDOMLY RESET[ie you can't take someone else's 'popular phrase' and try fishing where they got their feebas. It won't work.]

Now that you have what u need head up to the base of route 119. Do this by flying/walking to mauville and then surfing across the narrow stripe of water right of the gym.
    Now you will be on route 119. This is a very long route [unfortunately] packed with sections of water [potential feebas grounds] along its length. I recommend you start form the first pond you come across. Start form one corner and work your way up. Fishing in each tile you move into.I recommend fishing 3 - 5 times in one tile as any less may allow our fishy friend to slip through and any more would be overkill.
    Now all this sucks i must admit, but when u do find the feebas tile you will be pleasently surprised to find that they will appear with a 60-80% probability. Which is, in my opinion, fairly sweet.

Evolving Feebas

Well now that you have feebas you must be wondering - "I hate you Ice Demon. This thing is ugly!!"
    Thats why we need to evolve it.

To evolve feebas you need to get its beauty rating to 170. To do this feed feebas blue/indigo pokeblocks. However you will only be able to feed Feebas 12 pokeblocks thats why these factors below are important -

1) personality of your feebas - The way a feebas responds to a pokeblock is determined by their personality. It is recommended that you use either one of these personalities :Rash, Quiet, Modest[the best as it increases SpAtt and decreases Attack,which is an important quality for all milotic],and Mild. If you get a feebas with an Impish, Careful or Adamant[like anyone will want those personalities XD]don't bother.They hate dry blocks [which blue and indigo are] and so will require high grade berries to make their pokeblocks which is difficult.

2) The grade of pokeblock you use - level 11 blocks can be obtained from : Weaper, Lum, Oran, Chesto and Bluk berries [these are the lowest grades]
    level 23 blocks can be obtained from :Wiki, Kelpsy, Hondew and Cornn berries [these are the best type of berries as they are more effective than lvl 11 berries but are easier to obtain than lvl 45 berries
    level 45 blocks can be obtained from : Pamtre berries [the highest grade berry]

Berry types A and B can be found throughout Hoenn. However a popular destionation for most trainers is the "berry masters house"
    To get there surf down from mount Pyre and you will be in route 23. Follow the route and you should eventually reach the berry masters house. Or you can surf right from mauville but instead of walking up through route 119 go straight and you will reach his house.
    The berry master gives you berries. To obtain the berry u want save before you talk to him. Keep restarting and talking to him until you get the berries you want.

PS to get pokeblocks you need a pokeblock case which can be obtained from a little girl in Slateport City in the Contest Center there.
    To blend berries go to anyone of the Contest centers and blend with the old man on the side of the screen.

Feed Feebas the 12 pokeblocks and lvl him up. You should now be a a proud owner of a milotic.
    Come post your milotic movesets at the GB Strategy Section and get any help with Egg moves at the Breeders corner.

Last edited:

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Actually, Staryu can be found in Sapphire, cos I have one. You need the Super Rod to fish one up, though. Try fishing with the Super Rod around Lilycove and Route 124.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Toothache said:
    Actually, Staryu can be found in Sapphire, cos I have one. You need the Super Rod to fish one up, though. Try fishing with the Super Rod around Lilycove and Route 124.

erm thats kinda what i said, and i started with sapphire too. Thats how i know where to get it, i didnt just go look up all those locations, i found them all out on my own

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The item that Huntail needs is the DeepSeaTooth, as I believe that hasn't been mentioned as of yet. But... yeah:

Azurril = 2 Marill + Sea Incense
    Nosepass = Rock Smash in Granite Cave
    Feebas = 6 random tiles in water of Route 119
    Staryu = Super Rod, Lilycove and Route 124
    Chimecho = Top of grassy bit of Mt. Pyre

Hopefully that clarifies things.

Back