• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need team help....

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    Ok so I am now at Twist pokemon and this is my team.
    Scraggy-39
    I'm waiting for him to learn focus punch to level him up.
    Beartic-41
    I needed ice for ground, flying and dragon gyms.
    Emolga-40
    He was extremely annoying at the electric gym so I picked him up.
    Seismictoad- 38
    He has one weakness and I loved mudkip.

I've been getting comments saying I need two more pokemon but I don't know what to choose. I know I need a grass pokemon so i was thinking of ferrothorn or sawsbuck. Can someone help me out?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Ferrothorn isn't exactly the best Pokemon for in-game so I would go for a Sawsbuck, there moderately fast and have an above-average attack stat along with a few surprise moves like Jump Kick and Faint Attack.

Focus Punch is pretty crappy unless you know what your doing, so just evolve Scraggy, seriously, Scrafty is just full of awesomeness. I'd go with a Pokemon like Meinfoo or Vanillite (The Ice cream Pokemon) for your last slot.

Wait no, not the ice cream, you all ready have an Ice type, just go with what you want.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    Thanks for the insight. Hmmmm thought what would you suggest for a 6th slot. I don't really need a fighter because I have scraggy, but there really isn't any pokemon except maybe a tank like tirtouga.

Years
  • I got signed out while writing a reply, so I'll just summarise what I said.

I'd choose Ferrathorn over Sawsbuck. It worked very well in-game for me. For a final team-member, you could try Chandelure since you have a fighting-weak team and it seems to work well with Seismitoad and Ferrathorn in covering each other's big weaknesses.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I got signed out while writing a reply, so I'll just summarise what I said.

I'd choose Ferrathorn over Sawsbuck. It worked very well in-game for me. For a final team-member, you could try Chandelure since you have a fighting-weak team and it seems to work well with Seismitoad and Ferrathorn in covering each other's big weaknesses.

I agree with Ferrothorn, I haven't tried Sawsbuck but I switched out my previous grass Pokemon with a Ferrothorn and regretted not doing it sooner. Especially with those Iron Barbs <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    Uggh

Well I tried deerling, but he just has too many weaknesses for me to deal with. He also levels up extremely slow. I was looking at volcarona, escalavier, and accelgor because they can use grass attacks too. In terms of ferrothorn, my brother is already using him and were gonna battle soon so I'm considering Volcarona more.

Back