• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Needing help with teleporting in Advance Map

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    So I'm messing around with hacking Pokemon Emerald, and I've come to a bit of an obstacle. I wanted to add in the Sevii Islands (for fun), but have warp panels between them, rather than going by ship. I was able to make a test warp in Lavaridge that brings me to One Island when stepped on, but when I arrive, I get a dialogue box saying "This is a test message. This is a signpost." So my main problem is - how do I set up a "receiving warp" so to say? I can make a perfectly good "sending warp," but no matter what I do, I get the same dialogue box.

Years
    Here's a practical example:
    So I'm in Pewter City and I want to enter a house
    This works through a warp, same way as yours would work
    Spoiler:

So, if I step on that tile, I'll be sent to warp #1 on the 4th map of bank 6

Spoiler:

This is Warp #1, on the 4th map of bank 6, AKA where you will be sent, and it sends you to warp #4 on the 2nd map of the 3rd bank, AKA, that house on Pewter City

So basically, a warp sends you to a different warp, not to a tile

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    May be a tile issue. Are you wanting this warp to be a two-way warp?

Edit: Josefig beat me to it. Like he said, make sure you're teleporting to another warp rather than just an X Y location.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    I'm setting it up as a two-way warp. Basically it's "this flower in Lavaridge sends you to this flower in One Island." I also attempted a "Walk out of this building and you'll be on the island" as well. But regardless of if I set both sending and receiving tiles as warps, it gives me the same result. Is there a specific behavior byte I should be using with this kind of warp? I liked how Teleport Warp [70] works, but is that not right?

EDIT: if you want, I can also include screenshots of what I'm doing

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Someone may be able to give you a much easier solution, but I have it working by overlapping a script tile with the warps. I assume you know how to script and it's just a simple warp command. Try that, if it doesn't work or you need help, let me know.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Someone may be able to give you a much easier solution, but I have it working by overlapping a script tile with the warps. I assume you know how to script and it's just a simple warp command. Try that, if it doesn't work or you need help, let me know.
    I honestly have no idea how to script. I literally just downloaded the tools yesterday, and am surprised I even got my game to recognize that I wanted to teleport.

Alright, so since I haven't made 15 posts, I can't share links, but this is where I uploaded my screenshots before trying to post them here (sorry about that):
    s28 (dot) photobucket (dot) com/user/Marsalevsky/library/?sort=3&page=1

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Hmm, well I don't really know much about teleporting from an open tile without script. I'm sure there is a way as there are tiles designated to trigger warps. I'm not familiar with graphical aspects such as tiles though. Everything is set up correctly, but I'm sure it's either a map script issue somehow, or a tile issue. The thing about the signpost is really confusing, I've never seen that. Maybe because you're using FR/LG maps in an Emerald ROM? I dunno.

If it means enough to you and you have the patience, I can give you the two warp scripts and tell you how to implement them. Otherwise, like I said, someone else may have a much better solution.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Hmm, well I don't really know much about teleporting from an open tile without script. I'm sure there is a way as there are tiles designated to trigger warps. I'm not familiar with graphical aspects such as tiles though. Everything is set up correctly, but I'm sure it's either a map script issue somehow, or a tile issue. The thing about the signpost is really confusing, I've never seen that. Maybe because you're using FR/LG maps in an Emerald ROM? I dunno.

If it means enough to you and you have the patience, I can give you the two warp scripts and tell you how to implement them. Otherwise, like I said, someone else may have a much better solution.
    Well I treated the map as if it was a completely new location (i spend a few hours last night building it from scratch). And I'm always open to learning new things (plus I have to learn scripting sooner or later if I want to continue hacking), so I'd have the patience to learn how to implement them.

EDIT: also, is it possible, once everything is connected and usable, to add in a new town map specifically for these islands, just like how it was done in FR/LG? I'd like to be able to (in the future), make a whole new map, and have a few different sets of locations to travel to.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    also, is it possible, once everything is connected and usable, to add in a new town map specifically for these islands, just like how it was done in FR/LG? I'd like to be able to (in the future), make a whole new map, and have a few different sets of locations to travel to.

As I said, I'm just diving into all of this myself, but I imagine this should more than definitely be possible. You can create maps from scratch and insert them where you like.

Now, onto the script.

You'll need XSE to do this, and if you downloaded a tool pack, you probably have this.

Place a script over top of your Lavaridge warp and change the values to mimic the outlined values:

Needing help with teleporting in Advance Map

Next, click Open Script, erase everything and paste this code:

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    warp 0x34 0x0 0x2 0xFF 0xFF
    end

Once that's done, click the two cogs at the top next to the bug, if you hover over it, it will say Compile.

Then click copy:

And then paste it over the highlighted numbers:

Save your ROM and you should have a functioning warp.

To explain the code:
    warp 0xA 0xB 0xC 0xXX 0xYY

Warp is obvious. A= Bank number the map is in, B= Map number, C= The warp number you want to go to, XX= The X coordinate on the map, and YY= The Y coordinate on the map.

Since you're going to a warp and not an XY coordinate, leave the X and Y values as FF. Now, the warp from One Island to Lavaridge should be simple. Just follow the same steps, use the same code, but change the map bank, map number, and warp number (A,B, and C) to take you to the Lavaridge warp.

If you want to learn more about scripting, I suggest you check this thread, it's VERY beginner friendly:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Thanks a bunch! And while waiting for your reply, I actually stumbled upon my issue. It was a problem in the Header tab (how I ended up finding that is beyond me, but I set it to have no scripts, and now I can walk around the island).

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Thanks a bunch! And while waiting for your reply, I actually stumbled upon my issue. It was a problem in the Header tab (how I ended up finding that is beyond me, but I set it to have no scripts, and now I can walk around the island).

Well I'm glad you figured it out! I knew there had to be a simple solution to the issue, but I wasn't sure. Glad it's resolved though!

Back