• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NES pokemon game?

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2008
    does anyone know if there was a NES pokemon game at all?
    I thought i heard about 1 before......

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    There are no NES pokemon games. or SNES, for that matter. the first pokemon game to be released on a home console was Pokemon Stadium for the Nintendo 64.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    If people hacked Pokemon back then, someone may have endeavoured (probably to no avail) to make one of the Gameboy versions work for the NES.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    The closest pokemon ever got to a NES was this GB cartridge adapter thing that was shaped like an SNES cartridge that The Super Gameboy, which allowed you to play GB game on the SNES(pic in spoiler)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Actually, there was a Chinese hack for Pokémon Gold on the NES.
    However, the sound on it is so horrible your ears might actually bleed.
    I do believe there is a video on Youtube if you look hard enough.

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
    I found the YouTube videos and the original sound sucks.

After watching these videos I have realized that there are more important needs in life than a SNES Pokemon. Forget what I said about needing it, for if it will be anything like the monstrosity I just saw I shall pray for Armageddon

(just kidding about the armageddon thing ^_^; )

Back