• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

netbattle question

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2006
    i have a question for netbattle's

would metagross and salamence be considered legendaries

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

lol.

Don't worry about using legendaries. The only legends you shouldn't use are Ubers, and they are Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Latios, Latias, Deoxys, and Wobbuffet.
    The legendary birds, legendary beasts, Regis, Celebi, and Jirachi are fine to use in you team and can be very useful sometimes.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Using ubers are frowned upon, unless you are using an uber team and battling other ubers. Otherwise, don't use them if you know what's good for you.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Fr0st said:
    Hey are Lati@s witout soul dew ubers/???

I sence sarcasm but Lat@s are ubers in general no matter what the hold.

aragornbird said:

Using ubers are frowned upon, unless you are using an uber team and battling other ubers. Otherwise, don't use them if you know what's good for you.

You forgot to mention that if a team contains even just one uber it is considered an uber team.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Let me dig up one of my quotes from another thread:

aragornbird said:

Wobbuffet is totally uber for one main reason: SHADOW TAG

Any Pokemon can switch out to an appropriate counter if they find a Pokemon with both Counter and Mirror Coat. But Wobby prevents that. You may think that all you have to do to get around this is not attack Wobby directly, but use moves like Leech Seed and Toxic. But it gets Encore. This move screws you over because it allows your opponent 2 to 5 free turns to set up.

For instance, lets say Wobb traps your Blaziken and you decide to use Swords Dance, because after you max out your attack, you should be able to kill it in one hit. But Wobb uses Encore, forcing you to repeat Swords Dance. Then your opponent switches to a Belly Drumming Charizard. Since you are stuck doing Swords Dance, Charizard can Sub, Belly Drum, and sweep the rest of your team. Even if you switch out, your opponent still gets a free turn to do whatever he wants.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2006
    woah i guess i never thought about it like that, that makes sense actually i think i'm gonna catch a wobby in my ruby version

Fr0st

Random Crazy Person
    Years
    TBH using wobbuffet is useless, pointless and requires little skill... It also takes ALOT of fun out of the game but its your choice

Back