• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

new 2v2 strategy

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    So I was right.This guy on another forum said Destiny Bond could work on Toxic,and I believed him.I'm definately going to rub this in his face.:D

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
    I wasnt saying you meant to say Magic Coat. It was a technically correct way of stating my opinion, seeing as Magic Coat bounces special effects back to the attacker. That includes thing such as Twave, WoW, Metal Sound, Swagger iirc. I think PSong fits into that category. And Magic Coat also has a priority over most other moves. :)

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    3 turn death isn't a Special Effect, it's a delayed attack, which is why Counter should cover it.

Magic Coat would be a nice way to get the up on Blissey, Magic Coat T-Wave back on it, it AT's, you FP.

Then you put up Sub as it switches since it can't do anything :P

Can Gengar Magic Coat? I think he could do that REAL well.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
    3 Turn Death is the effect of using Destiny Bond. Like how draining HP is the effect of Leech Seed. Any move that deals direct damage (Tackle, Shadow Ball, Psychic), does not fall into that category.

I dont think Gar can Mgaic Coat.

And iirc = If I remember correctly.

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
    This isn't new. It's quite often used. I used to swap it onto slaking then out popped stantler to Role Play.

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    No,Shadow Ball and Psychic cannot be Magic Coated.Sp.def drop is simply a side
    effect of the attack.

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    No,if the attack hits there's a chance that Sp.def will drop.It's part
    of the package.The effect can't be Magic Coated no more so than the
    attack can.

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    Safeguard only stops conditions.Example:Confusion,Sleep,Burn.
    Not Stat effects.That would be Mist to do that.

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    Yeah sure whatever I know nothing what.

2v2 Wise, you could use Snatch fairly well I would assume, does it only Snatch one move?

Do you have to target who you want to Snatch from?

If not, it would rule, and wreck everything, you could use it to Snatch a Sub off your own pokemon, and Snatch a CM or 2 from Suicune at the same time if it works like that :P

Sin

^^
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2006
    btw if anyone wants to know. the max atk ANYONE can ever get is 4459 or something. pure power marowak with thick club and belly drum maybe u might want a speed boost. beats deoxys-f. add a jumpluff into the mix and own =D.

Jumpluff used Helping Hand!
    Marowak used Earthquake =D gg.

Back