• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

new 2v2 strategy

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
    More like follow me. In case you miss if they're flying type, in which case you'd use Rock slide. And the risk that you would miss is there.

Years
    i think golem/rydon/ and metagross-->( i remember its 604 for metagross) have better attack w/ cb than marowak does w/ thick club ( i tested it when i had my ninjask,scizor, cb medicham, tclub marowak, cb azumarill, cb golem), and switched cb meta gross and cb rydon in/out a few times... anyways not that it works better since it can only use 1 move, but rydon/golem/metagross do have better attack. Also huge power from azumaril doubles its power, while pure power only 1.5x the power. so to see the best power possible, u would have to role play/skill swap a azumariil's ability to metagross, and give it +6 attack.
    604 (w/ cb) x4 (belly drum)=2416 x2 (huge power)=4832 attack

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
    Lion Heart said:
    That you'd miss who?

Marowak?

Or do you mean Follow Me > Helping Hand?

Helping Hand is there to raise power :P
    -.-;;
    Follow me would help much more than helping hand in marowak's situation since it's SLOW and already has high attack.

Years
    also, u could skill swap grumpig's thick fat so that fire doesnt deal 2x damage to metagross, simila to levitate

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    Not bad, he'd be virtually immune to Ice that way aswell :P

I think 2v2 wise Sunnybeaming would be devastating, I was just thinking...

Turn 1 would be A used Sunny Day, B used Solar Beam.

Repeat until Sunny Day runs out, or a pokemon dies, all pokemon are Sunnybeamersm with HP Fire aswell for extra power.

Or you could have like pairs, but with moves that make them compatible with the other pokemon in the party, like this:

Shiftry: Sunny Day/Solar Beam/HP Fire/Anything.
    Exeggutor: Solar Beam/HP Water/anything/anything.
    Lapras: Rain Dance/Thunder/anything/anything

See how if something goes wrong with the Beamers (Shiftry and Eggy), Lapras can come in, Rain Dance, and Eggy won't be fully ditched.

If ****ry learns Thunder, that could be his last move.

Sin

^^
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2006
    tclub marowak still has higher atk than metagross,methinks.even if it doesnt,the ability to switch moves is highly treasured =D

Years
    actually highest attack is on a cb slaking (160 base attack compared 2 metagrosses/salamences 135 base attack)

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    Yep, Slaking has it, STAB'd Double-Edges from base 160 with Choice Band is cool until they pull out a Ghost.

I prefer both Metagross and Salamence over Slaking in my teams though, as they have alot more options and opportunites for annihilation ;)

(Agiligross and DDMence is where it's at.)

Back