• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Anime: Soul Eater

Yubii Chan

Godess of Awsome
    Years
    i wondered if anybody had heard of it. it's captured my heart..
    it's about children at a school held by a Shinigami, a god of death, called Shibusen.
    they have Demon Weapon partners that can also take human forms. together, the Student and the Weapon, the student is donned a Weapon Meister.
    In the world of Soul Eater, evil monsters called Kishen that once almost spelled the end of the earth long ago are coming back, because evil humans are transforming into "Eggs" of Kishen.
    The ultimate goal of the Meisters is to harvest 99 Kishen Egg souls and one Witch soul, 100 total. only then can their weapon become the ultimate, Shinigami's weapon, a Death Scythe.

The characters are cool and unique, and the style is just really Cool.
    i would link you to the wikipedia page and the fansite where you can find subbed episodes, but i'm condemned but that odd 15+ posts for URLs rule. no offense, but it's a bit ridiculous. oh well, i cant get a warning on my first day!

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I've watched the first two episodes an so far it's just the typical shonen anime.

I'd say though that I do like the art style, and the animation is pretty fluid too.

It's nothing special, but it's watchable.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yeah, it's a pretty standard shounen show marked by some amazing animation with great style. I've heard it becomes really interesting later on so I'll probably keep watching it just to see if that comes to pass.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I actually JUST started reading the manga for this yesterday and I was immediately hooked. I've seen some screens from the anime as well and it looks just as good, although despite the concept being rather unique, I can't help but feel a little bored. Still~ I'll keep reading/watching and hopefully it'll get better.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Soul Eater=Amazing.

I seriously couldn't stop laughing throughout most of it, and I'm incredibly happy that it's become an anime. The concept is rather interesting, and I love the villains. It's the first time I've seen a villain where I've actually been a little... well, freaked out by their actions. The series manages to be pretty upbeat, even though we've got things like waves of insanity causing one main character to go nuts- and not just superficially- black blood, giant demon gods beating the good guys, and an evil clown in later chapters. The early episodes are still probably my favorites, though, particularly Maka and Soul vs. Blair. I may have seen it coming, but the whole "Cool guys don't cheat" ending was still entertaining.

By the way, Yubii, you do know that you can link to things in your signature, right? Actually, I may be tempted to link to the youtube profile that I'm watching these off of right now. 0.o

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Try watching Azumanga Daioh. :D

A lot of the jokes in that show are really Japanese specific (I think there was stuff about Osaka-ben) the comedy in Soul Eater is a lot more general and easier for people to understand.

Totally agree that Azumanga is a lot funnier, you just have to know certain things, or not, I hear the English dub did a good job at translating the jokes.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Watched all available episodes and I've read up to Volume 9.

Its a tad slow with the plot at first, but you get a better idea about whats really going on a bit later.

Also, Blair is awesome.

Yubii Chan

Godess of Awsome
    Years
    I do agree on the animations and the shonen part, but the show actualley has some really good quality and you should stay tuned for more. especialley DEATH THE KID. Who doesnt love him?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    I still do not understand why some people draw parallels between Gurren Lagann and Soul Eater :/

0.o I've never seen Gurren Lagann, but I fail to see how any anime involving a society living underground and giant robots somehow connects with an anime about people who turn into weapons in order to collect the souls of the wicked. I mean, if anything I'd be drawing a paralell to Bleach, and even that's sketchy at best.

Death the Kid... still my favorite OC-DC character since Monk. XD

But my absolute favorite character is Dr. Stein. I won't give any spoilers to anyone who hasn't seen the early episodes yet or read the corresponding manga chapters, but the whole "Dr. Stein's challenge" thing was hilarious. And then there's Shinigami. I now have a new Shinigami-inspired method of asterisk action at my disposal. "What? You don't like my reviews for your insignificant fanfiction? Take this! Direct Noggin Thesis-Chop!" XD

Back