• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Beginnings

Mr.LunchboxBear

Pokébreeder
Years
  • Hey there. As you can tell, I'm Mr.LunchboxBear and I'm new. I registered here in hopes of starting my own ROM Hack. So if anyone could point me in the right direction in regards to proper programs and proper tutorials, I'd appreciate it. If not, well a 'hello and good luck' won't hurt either. Thank you. ;)

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Hey there bud, welcome to PC!

Yeah man, ROM Hacking, the communities largest section. We've got plenty of helpful people and tutorials around those parts, as well as access to all the tools you'll ever need in order to get your hack on. I feel like the spokesperson for that section, seeing as how much I say that. x]
    You can find the Toolbox(link) here and the Tutorials(link) section here, as well as any small questions you may have can be asked here(link), though you should do a search before asking.

Hope all that helps, and good luck on your hacking journey!
    Hope to see your hack around that section soon.

Have fun, and see you around.

rITual

We're only animals.
    Years
  • Hey there. As you can tell, I'm Mr.LunchboxBear and I'm new. I registered here in hopes of starting my own ROM Hack. So if anyone could point me in the right direction in regards to proper programs and proper tutorials, I'd appreciate it. If not, well a 'hello and good luck' won't hurt either. Thank you. ;)

Hey Mr.LunchboxBear,

Welcome to the forum. As far as resources, community, willingness to help and support go, you're in the right place to develop a ROM-hack.

You will feel right at home in the Emulation section here, tutorials are here and tools are here.

If you're ever looking for a writer let me know and I'll try and assist.

Good luck. Hope to see you around!

EDIT: Looks like Cello beat me to it. :p

Mr.LunchboxBear

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • Thank you to the both of you. I'm currently interested in Map Editing seeing as how I already have a possible map drawn out. I found Neti's tutorial so I'm running through those. Thank you for the links to the Toolbox. I'll be sure to ask for more help.

Years
  • Hi there and welcome to PC! Nice to see another Rom hacker want to join the forums. Like the others said there's a lot of tutorials and very helpful people here for anything you could want. You seem to know were your going now so thats always nice to see. If you need any help at all with Rm hacking i'd be happy to help if i can. :) Anyways hope you enjoy yourself, hope your hack goes well, and hope to see you around! :)

Back