• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Dragon attack for Diamond/Pearl announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaic

折橋 守
    Years
    https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_dragon_attack_in_Diamond/Pearl

The winning entry submitted for the contest from CoroCoro Comic's January issue, giving people the chance to name the new Dragon Type attack in the Diamond and Pearl games has been announced in the May issue of CoroCoro, together with the statistics for this attack. The translation of this attack and its statistics are as follows.

* Name: Meteoric Swarm
    * Attack Type: Dragon
    * Base Power: 140
    * Effect: (Your own) Special attack is reduced by 2 steps

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    "Meteor" made it sound like a Steel move. But the Japanese name, "Ryuuseigun" sounds more Dragonic.

Let's wait and see how GameFreak handles the effects shall we?

Years
    Umm... sharply reduces sp. attack and also 140... Just like overheat isn't it? xD Actually I'm not sure I actually like this attack :P I would use Overheat before my Pokemon has almost fainted so I can't say I'm gonna use this one also xD I'm happy to hear that a new D/P attack announce though.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Yay for more sucky attacks -_- Overheat's only purpose is to OHko the likes of Groudon and Skarmory, and this thing is only super effective against Dragons, which (most of them atleast) can be OHko'd by Ice beam, so this move serves no real purpose, seeing as two Dragon Claws are stronger.

If Rayquaza will be able to learn this move, I'm going to puke. It's not like all these Rayquazas with Overheat wouldn't be enough x_x

The new moves need more originality >D

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Well I use Overheat to surprise opponents but It's not too surprising coming from a Camerupt anyway =P. This attack does seem similar but maybe there'll be a dragon pokemon worthy of using it with class.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    They should've made a Surf-like dragon attack instead, this one is horrible.

Demonta

Jem Juggler
    Years
    That is the strongest one yet I think. It is probably gonna come with some annoying tag like for hyper beam=one turn rest after, overheat=lower special attack. Over 120 power tends to be like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back