• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] New evolution Methods (FR)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    Hey, I followed the tutorial about new evolutions methods (made by kearnseyboy6)... But the new methods aren't working!! What I'm doing wrong? Please, someone help me.
    New evolution Methods (FR)

New evolution Methods (FR)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Can you be more specific? You should try posting your problem in that thread as well, it should be easier to find help there.

Years
    It may not be working 'cause you didn't repoint the expanded table, you messed up adding the routines, you didn't assign them to any Pokémon, or maybe you didn't update the ini in G3HS so you could try to assign them to a Pokémon, etc, etc, etc.
    Like Christos said, be a little bit more specific and we'll help. Also, guys that posted there, like kearnseyboy6 himself, will see your doubt more easily if you post it there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    It may not be working 'cause you didn't repoint the expanded table, you messed up adding the routines, you didn't assign them to any Pokémon, or maybe you didn't update the ini in G3HS so you could try to assign them to a Pokémon, etc, etc, etc.
    Like Christos said, be a little bit more specific and we'll help. Also, guys that posted there, like kearnseyboy6 himself, will see your doubt more easily if you post it there.

Werneck... Repoint the expanded table... you're talking about the limit on the number of evolutions? (0x42FAA). I didn't understand!!.. The tutoral does not explain about uptade of ini... just say... add a name for your new method..
    " To make this compatible with G3HS open up the .ini file and navigate to these lines:

evolutionmethods =
    evomethodsproperties =

I did it, but doesn't work... I tried to use the patch that he's put to download (kearnseyboy6 )... And worked very well!!! The new methods!!! Sucess!!! but, after used the patch in the game, it didn't trade link anymore. You know why??? Thanks!!! Sorry English!!

Years
    Werneck... Repoint the expanded table... you're talking about the limit on the number of evolutions? (0x42FAA). I didn't understand!!.. The tutoral does not explain about uptade of ini... just say... add a name for your new method..
    " To make this compatible with G3HS open up the .ini file and navigate to these lines:

evolutionmethods =
    evomethodsproperties =

I did it, but doesn't work... I tried to use the patch that he's put to download (kearnseyboy6 )... And worked very well!!! The new methods!!! Sucess!!! but, after used the patch in the game, it didn't trade link anymore. You know why??? Thanks!!! Sorry English!!

I don't know why it's not working, but when I say repoint, I am actually referring to "giving the address" of the evolution to the program.
    Pointers are like addresses of stuff you have in your ROM. If you change for example the table containing the evolutions, they get a new address in your ROM. Thus, your pointer will have to change. You have to repoint stuff, so the program knows where to find your evolutions, since they are now in a differente address.

As for the cable link trades, no idea. Sorry, man.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    I don't know why it's not working, but when I say repoint, I am actually referring to "giving the address" of the evolution to the program.
    Pointers are like addresses of stuff you have in your ROM. If you change for example the table containing the evolutions, they get a new address in your ROM. Thus, your pointer will have to change. You have to repoint stuff, so the program knows where to find your evolutions, since they are now in a differente address.

As for the cable link trades, no idea. Sorry, man.

In relation to the pointer, I changed like show the tutorial, on the offset 0x 42FC0, I used B00000 + 1 = B00001, Thus, the pointer would be 01 00 B0... This is the only pointer, right?
    The steps made by me:
    1) Changed The number max of evolution on the 0x42FAA, 0E to 0F, increased one.
    2) Copied the 3C bytes from 0x42FC4 to offset 0xB00000 and increased the new pointer to new evolution ( 00 01 B0 08 - Level-up-Male); and changed pointer as I said earlier.
    3) Introduced this routine on the 0xB00100 (Level-up - Male)... I know routine is right couse I copied from the tutorial!!!!
    4) I changed the ini of the GHS3... evomethods.... and tested it... but don't work and the VBA screen goes dark. And when some pokemon changed level, it happens.. obs; I don´t know how uptade ini!!!

Werneck please help me, tell me what I doing wrong? Teach me the right steps. Thanks!!

Years
    In relation to the pointer, I changed like show the tutorial, on the offset 0x 42FC0, I used B00000 + 1 = B00001, Thus, the pointer would be 01 00 B0... This is the only pointer, right?
    The steps made by me:
    1) Changed The number max of evolution on the 0x42FAA, 0E to 0F, increased one.
    2) Copied the 3C bytes from 0x42FC4 to offset 0xB00000 and increased the new pointer to new evolution ( 00 01 B0 08 - Level-up-Male); and changed pointer as I said earlier.
    3) Introduced this routine on the 0xB00100 (Level-up - Male)... I know routine is right couse I copied from the tutorial!!!!
    4) I changed the ini of the GHS3... evomethods.... and tested it... but don't work and the VBA screen goes dark. And when some pokemon changed level, it happens.. obs; I don´t know how uptade ini!!!

Werneck please help me, tell me what I doing wrong? Teach me the right steps. Thanks!!

The pointer for 0XB00000 is 08 00 00 B0 or 00 00 B0 08. I've been really confused with these, lately.
    No need to add +1 here. That's the only thing I'm sure.
    1 - For the number of evolutions, use 5 or 8 (or bigger numbers), like the Tutorial suggests only. I don't believe you can use 6, or 7, or 9, etc...
    2 - The new pointer in the offset 0x42FC4 has to point to the evolutions table, not each evolution. In the table, you'll get more pointer. These ones, are pointing to each evolution (If I undertood correctly, you did this part right. Just going over it again).
    3 - Seems the right offset for the pointer you wrote above.
    4 - In G3HS' ini, you have to change both "evolutionmethods" and "evomethodsproperties" without space between words (for example: "level,item,level,location". Don't do "level, item, level, location", 'cause it won't read.).

Try changing these and report back. Post here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=329357
    There's more chance of getting better help there. I'm willing, but I'm also a newbie.
    Best of luck man. =D

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    The pointer for 0XB00000 is 08 00 00 B0 or 00 00 B0 08. I've been really confused with these, lately.
    No need to add +1 here. That's the only thing I'm sure.
    1 - For the number of evolutions, use 5 or 8 (or bigger numbers), like the Tutorial suggests only. I don't believe you can use 6, or 7, or 9, etc...
    2 - The new pointer in the offset 0x42FC4 has to point to the evolutions table, not each evolution. In the table, you'll get more pointer. These ones, are pointing to each evolution (If I undertood correctly, you did this part right. Just going over it again).
    3 - Seems the right offset for the pointer you wrote above.
    4 - In G3HS' ini, you have to change both "evolutionmethods" and "evomethodsproperties" without space between words (for example: "level,item,level,location". Don't do "level, item, level, location", 'cause it won't read.).

Try changing these and report back. Post here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=329357
    There's more chance of getting better help there. I'm willing, but I'm also a newbie.
    Best of luck man. =D

Werneck!!! Hey guy!!! Worked... Sucess!! and the trade link didn't bug!!! I think it was the pointer and the number of evolutions!!! Thank's so much!!!! Sorry English!!

Back