• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New feature allows to win gyms easiser!

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2016
    I've always had hard time to decide which pokemon is the best for a gym battle.

The following service allows you to pick the pokemons in the gym, and show a list of counter picks (best pokemons against) and moves.

https://www.pgoiv.com/gym-counter

Really usefull.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    This is very useful! Today I was battling a 1900 CP Lapras at the bottom of a friendly gym. Based on this I selected my 1700 CP Rhydon with Rock Smash. However, I was unable to beat it. I could only get one Rock Smash in between dodges. It seems DPS was nearly halved just because of the dodge timing.

I tried several other pokemon with less than 1900 CP, the only one I was able to consistently beat it with was my 1650 Golduck. The Golduck would seem to have no advantage over a Lapras, but Water Gun is so fast I can hit it 4 or 5 times between dodges. Water Gun seems overpowering in many cases, it seems to be able to take out anything, although maybe not very quickly. My Golduck was Hydropump which is also quite powerful. Over 2000 CP Pokemon are sometimes hard to take out due to the time limit.

At another friendly gym my Golduck was able to take out a 1700 CP Slowbro together with a 1750 CP Golem (giving the gym around 1300 prestige points). It's funny taking out all the high level pokemon with a squirt gun! Fire pokemon don't stand a chance against it, I can take out three 2000 CP Arcanines with ease!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2016
    This is very useful! Today I was battling a 1900 CP Lapras at the bottom of a friendly gym. Based on this I selected my 1700 CP Rhydon with Rock Smash. However, I was unable to beat it. I could only get one Rock Smash in between dodges. It seems DPS was nearly halved just because of the dodge timing.

I tried several other pokemon with less than 1900 CP, the only one I was able to consistently beat it with was my 1650 Golduck. The Golduck would seem to have no advantage over a Lapras, but Water Gun is so fast I can hit it 4 or 5 times between dodges. Water Gun seems overpowering in many cases, it seems to be able to take out anything, although maybe not very quickly. My Golduck was Hydropump which is also quite powerful. Over 2000 CP Pokemon are sometimes hard to take out due to the time limit.

At another friendly gym my Golduck was able to take out a 1700 CP Slowbro together with a 1750 CP Golem (giving the gym around 1300 prestige points). It's funny taking out all the high level pokemon with a squirt gun! Fire pokemon don't stand a chance against it, I can take out three 2000 CP Arcanines with ease!

Nice! I didn't know about that! but after checking I noticed the water gun is listed in the top #5 attacks here!
    https://www.pgoiv.com/attack-list

so yeah, it's some kind of OP :P

Back