• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Feline Pokemon! (6th September)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I love this Pokemon! So cute... I like the Psymese name you came up with @AceDragonite!

The Red Chain

Looks like we may have found our regional cat type. :3
    The silhouette makes it look like a longer form of Skitty. ^.^
    I don't really like that weird pinkness above the feline's eyes.. it makes it look a little bit scary. D:

I'd say it's a standalone Pokemon with a new Pokemon as it's evolution, since B&W is so bent on keeping all Pokemon 5th Gen only until the National Dex. XD

Edit ; I wouldn't say it's related to Glameow since it's purple and Glameow is grayish/blueish and resembles it's evolution.. so it would make sense to resemble it's pre-evolution too. Just my non-stat based judgment.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Initially it reminded me of Zorua so I thought it was fake at first...

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Okay, I will say this once again:

I didn't say it was related to Glameow. I said it looked like a pre-evo of it, which it's not. I just LOOKS like Glameow, just like how Starly LOOKS like Mamapato.

looks like =/= is

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Meowth
    Skitty <--- looked like meowth
    Glameow <--- looked like skitty
    New Cat <--- looks like Glameow
    ya DUH! lol :P

sorry but i had to say it, each cat looks the same cuz their house cats, theres not much diversity in house cats,so ya, obvious much. :P lol

i personally think its ADORABLE!!!!!

by far the best one, and i hope its Dark/Psychic
    that would be badass!
    but i hope this house kitty it far mroe useful, meowth is only good for payday, the rest are useless :disappoin

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2012
    That cat looks adorable and cool at the very same time. I hope it's at least Dark-type, which Glameow should've been, rather than yet another Normal-type cat for a change.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    Yay! Another useless cat! Instead of giving Persian/Delcatty/Purugly a much-needed evolution so they can improve as Pokemon and not being effin' useless, let's just make more useless felines! Woohoo! I'm so excited I can just explode... Seriously, though. Enough with the useless felines. =_= I don't care how cute they are; Delcatty's cuteness won't save it from fainting the minute it gets hit, and Persian's classiness will not give him a better attack stat, and Purugly's fatness does not change the fact that his movepool sucks big time. :\ I would like a cat I can actually use in battle, and idc about Espeon.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like the shape of the little kitty. :3 Although I wish the color was a more orange-yellow color; the purple and pink look a little odd to me. :( The filling of pink on the eyes look stretched and the purple squarish (referring to the head) appearance makes it look intimidating. Though based on the color, looks like it would be a psychic or dark type. On the other hand, Glameow had the same psychic or dark type look, but still became a normal type Pokémon. I'd also like to mention that all the region cat pokémon have been normal types (if I remember correctly) so if this one is real, it has a possible chance of being a normal type too.

Confirmation is all we need now, but I wish we had a clearer and larger picture of it. That way I'd be able to give more of my opinion and thoughts on its design.

The Red Chain

Confirmation is all we need now, but I wish we had a clearer and larger picture of it. That way I'd be able to give more of my opinion and thoughts on its design.
    Dunno about the silhouette, but the actual screenshot of the kitty came from the "Can't wait! The Pocket Monster BW Pre Special" commercial.The kitty was a little hang up in the background of the hosts, along with all sorts of other Pokemon like Reshiram, Zekrom, the starters, Tabunne, Yanappu and more. I'd say this is pretty good confirmation that the kitty is real. ^^

Edit ; Here's a link to the commercial

Last edited:

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    New Feline Pokemon! (6th September)
    New Feline Pokemon! (6th September)
    Awesome :) I really like this Pokemon.
    I can't wait to see the offical art of this cat.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    ...XD I love how naive a lot of you guys are. Keep hoping it's a Dark type, even though there's a 90% chance it's not. Seriously, GF is not that creative; you give them too much credit. I'm not convinced of anything, all I am saying is, don't get your hopes up, because I vividly remember hoping Glameow was Dark type and it turned out to be another useless Normal feline just like Meowth and Skitty. :3

If I were you I'd get used to the idea that it's probably just another average joe-cat Pokemon rather than a cool Dark-type kitty. Just sayin'...

Back