• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Guy Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2011
    So if you read my welcome thread you'll know I haven't played since Red / Blue days. Needless to say I am a little confused. I recently bought a DSLite off a lady from work for $50 and went out and bought Black Version, for some reason White Version is sold out everywhere :S So I'd like to ask the community some questions.

Is there something wrong with Black Version?
    What are Ev'd Pokemon?
    What are Shinies?

And thats all I can think of now but I will think of some more I am sure, back to my Black Version :D Thanks in advance!

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    1) Nothings wrong with Black version, people may just of preferred Zekrom to Reshiram (game mascots on the box). There's only minor differences in each game.

2) Ev'd pokemon are pokemon which have been trained in one specific stat e.g Atk to get the best out of that stat. See the thread on Ev training if you want to learn more.

3) Shinies are extreamly rare pokemon. Like the red Gyrados in Soulsilver and Heartgold, the chances of meeting one is very, very small. Like a 1 in 1802 or something like that.

Anyway hoped I helped. In the future just ask these questions in the question thread haha. :)

slickmario

nomnomnom
    Years
  • Shiny Pokemon are bascially a Pokemon that is a different color than normal. For example, Gyarados is normally blue. But at the Lake of Rage, there is a Red Gyarados there. When it goes out into battle, it gives off a shine. This is a shiny Pokemon.

The Gyarados at the Lake of Rage will always be shiny. But the chance of finding one in the wild is 1/8192 (2-13, or approximately 0.012207%).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I know you're new, but it would be wise to read announcements, especially the ones that threaten that you'll be eaten if you don't do so. Please use a Q&A thread next time. Shivi and Went, you guys suck at watching my forums for me, lol. :(

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back