• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] New here, hi?

Years
    Hello to all. I've been lurking around the PC forums for about 2 years now, and I impulsively decided to create an account at 1 AM instead of being asleep. I'm Parabola, but you can also call me Hector if you'd like. I'm just a guy who likes Pokemon and music a bit too much. Not much to me. I've been a Pokemon fan for around 9 years, I believe? My Pokemon journey started when my mom's coworker handed me an Acekard as a gift, with both Black and White installed in it (It also had Pokemon Trozei, Pokemon Dash, and Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team). I had a horrible accident happen to me long ago and I would always bring my Nintendo DS with me as a comfort whenever I had to go to the hospital. My favorite aspect of the Pokemon community has been ROM hacking, and I'm currently learning how to code in hopes of making one of my own. Also just a clarification, I am autistic and I have anxiety, so I tend to not approach people at first. I love talking to people, I just don't want to bother anyone or make a fool of myself (or say anything out of pocket). I always make sure to respond to messages if I'm approached first. That is it. Thank you all for reading 😁 I am looking forward to talking to and making friends within the Pokemon community.

Hello to all. I've been lurking around the PC forums for about 2 years now, and I impulsively decided to create an account at 1 AM instead of being asleep. I'm Parabola, but you can also call me Hector if you'd like. I'm just a guy who likes Pokemon and music a bit too much. Not much to me. I've been a Pokemon fan for around 9 years, I believe? My Pokemon journey started when my mom's coworker handed me an Acekard as a gift, with both Black and White installed in it (It also had Pokemon Trozei, Pokemon Dash, and Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team). I had a horrible accident happen to me long ago and I would always bring my Nintendo DS with me as a comfort whenever I had to go to the hospital. My favorite aspect of the Pokemon community has been ROM hacking, and I'm currently learning how to code in hopes of making one of my own. Also just a clarification, I am autistic and I have anxiety, so I tend to not approach people at first. I love talking to people, I just don't want to bother anyone or make a fool of myself (or say anything out of pocket). I always make sure to respond to messages if I'm approached first. That is it. Thank you all for reading 😁 I am looking forward to talking to and making friends within the Pokemon community.

Hello Parabola, and welcome (officially) to the forums!
    It is great to see members who have been playing Pokémon for a long time come here.
    I am sorry to hear you had a bad accident, but happy to know this DS helped you to go on.

Don't worry, we have lots of friendly people around PokéCommunity, and there are more autistic people here than you may think. ^^
    What features are you planning to put in your ROM hack project ? I wish you good luck making it complete!
    I, for one, am always up for new friends!

Hello! Thank you for the welcome :) For my ROM hack project, I plan on including Pokemon interactions, player character customization, Autorun, B/W 2's repel system, and mega evolution. I do plan on adding more features, but I do not want to be overly ambitious for my first ever project. I will add more features as I continue working on it. I already have a basic idea of the plot. Will not be spoiling too much of it, but it will include time travel and ancient Unova.

Hello! Thank you for the welcome :) For my ROM hack project, I plan on including Pokemon interactions, player character customization, Autorun, B/W 2's repel system, and mega evolution. I do plan on adding more features, but I do not want to be overly ambitious for my first ever project. I will add more features as I continue working on it. I already have a basic idea of the plot. Will not be spoiling too much of it, but it will include time travel and ancient Unova.

This sounds neat! I am curious to hear more about what kind of interactions you will include!

Hello!
    Is Celebi your favorite Pokemon?

Have you played any of the Swich Pokemon games?

Good luck in your Rom hacking endeavors!

Hello!
    Is Celebi your favorite Pokemon?

Have you played any of the Swich Pokemon games?

Good luck in your Rom hacking endeavors!

Hi! Celebi is my second favorite Pokemon, my first being Weavile. Also, I've played Sword and Legends Arceus :) I haven't been able to play Scarlet/Violet yet, but I plan to get to it soon.

Hello there Parabola, and welcome to the PC!

Weavile's my (very close) second favorite Pokemon, just barely behind Absol!

Is Dark also your favorite Typing? Or something else?

Hello there Parabola, and welcome to the PC!

Weavile's my (very close) second favorite Pokemon, just barely behind Absol!

Is Dark also your favorite Typing? Or something else?
    Hi! Dark is one of my favorite typings, along with bug and ghost.

Hi welcome to Pokecommunity and the world of rom Hacking!
    I have a question.
    Are you gonna use decomp hacking to your project? Looking forward to your project :)

Back