• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokeballs Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    PhantoBall - x2 if the pokemon is a part ghost type (eg spiritomb which is ghost/dark), x4 if it is a pure ghost type (eg.Gastly)

Ghastly isn't pure ghost type just saying
    Season Ball sounds like a great idea
    I also like the idea of Weather Balls
    Dawn Ball: Works best in the morning, and also gains a chatch rate boost in sunlight
    Legend Ball: Works best on Legendaries (better than Ultra and Dusk(at night or in a cave))
    Power Ball: Works best on a pokemon with a high attack
    Brick ball: Works best on Pokemon with high defense
    Energy Ball: Works best on Pokemon with high spatk
    ForceField Ball: Works best on Pokemon with high spdef
    Health Ball: Works best on Pokemon with high HP (making Chansey a breeze to catch)
    StatChange Ball *working title*: Works better the more Stat changes, positive or negative, both you AND your opponent have had.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Protopokeball it has .5 the catch rate as a Pokeball for those trainers who want a challenge...

Lmao! While we're at it, the Loser Ball that has no chance of catching a Pokemon! Maybe they should make a Pokeball that adds Pokedex data but doesn't allow you to keep the Pokemon, caught or uncaught. For those impossible pokemon you want just for the Pokedex entry.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Lmao! While we're at it, the Loser Ball that has no chance of catching a Pokemon! Maybe they should make a Pokeball that adds Pokedex data but doesn't allow you to keep the Pokemon, caught or uncaught. For those impossible pokemon you want just for the Pokedex entry.
    Than fewer people will catch Magikarp and just catch Gyarados then :(

iNinja

hi hello
    Years
    Hrm... Maybe a pokeball that is like chaining on D/P/P. It follows the same principals of the radar, just in pokeballs.You catch my drift?

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    Season Ball/Seasonal Ball: Effectivness changes between seasons. For instance 3x in summer, 2x in spring, 1.5x in fall, 1x in winter (or the other way around). Or just a random order. :P

Reverse Ball: Pokémon with higher catch rates have a lower chance of being caught, and those with low catch rates have a better chance of being caught. Only to a certain degree, however (so not like an Arceus would then have the catch rate of a Magikarp; that'd be broken). Also expensive ($3000 - $5000).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The seasonal ball would come in four colors, Azure for Spring, Vermilion for Summer, White for Fall, and Black for Winter, I'll give a cookie to however can get the reference :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    The seasonal ball would come in four colors, Azure for Spring, Vermilion for Summer, White for Fall, and Black for Winter, I'll give a cookie to however can get the reference :)

Or there could be 4 different Seasonal Balls like you say, and each would be most effective in their respective seasons, and less effective in others.

AuraGaurdian

Protector of auras
    Years
    the season and weather balls seem like great ideas and powerflare I like the idea of a reverse ball seems like a cool concept.

MiniBall:Better catch rate for non-evolved pokemon.
    MidBall:Better catch rate for pokemon in the middle of their evolutionary chain example jigglypuff,kirlia,rhydon etc. etc.
    EvoBall:Better catch rate for fully evolved pokemon.

Just some ideas:)

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    Really good ideas everybody, nice ideas!!!!!

Blaze Ball- Easy catch for fire types

Last edited:

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    • PokeBall - Catch Rate 1x
    • GreatBall - Catch Rate 1.5x
    • UltraBall - Catch Rate 2x
    DreamBall - works better on sleeping pokemon
    StaticBall - works better on paralyzed pokemon
    VenomBall - works better on poisoned pokemon
    Catch Rate 3.2x, if used without matching effect Catch Rate 0.8x

TypeBall - works better on pokemon of the same type.
    Catch Rate 2.8x, if used without matching effect Catch Rate 1x
    GenderBall - works better on pokemon of the same gender.
    Catch Rate 2.2x, if used without matching effect Catch Rate 1x

Beta/ProtoBall - For people who like a challange.
    Catch Rate 0.5x (Looks like a regular pokeball but with cracks in it were computer chips are viewable)
    Credits: Magmaruby and Aquasapphire

Last edited:

The Red Chain

GenderBall - works better on pokemon of the same gender.
    Catch Rate 2.2x, if used without matching effect Catch Rate 1x
    Don't we already have the Loveball for that though? XD;
    I guess it's good for B&W since Kurt isn't there I don't think.. :x

Sand Ball - works better in the sandstorm condition.
    Catch Rate 2.5x if used on a Pokemon in a sandstorm.
    Hail Ball - works better in the hail condition.
    Catch Rate 2.5x if used on a Pokemon in hail.
    Rain Ball - works better in the rain condition.
    Catch Rate 2.5x if used on a Pokemon in rain.

Somebody mentioned a Weather Ball, but I believe it was a bit different than this..

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    something a lil more powerful then an ultra ball so im not stuck throwing ultra balls for days on end at a mewtwo.
    Lol, i've never tried catching mewtwo with an ultraball.
    only: Moltres/Zapdos/Articuno, Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina.
    Note: I caught a groudon in a pokeball in my ruby rom yesterday :P

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Season Ball/Seasonal Ball: Effectivness changes between seasons. For instance 3x in summer, 2x in spring, 1.5x in fall, 1x in winter (or the other way around). Or just a random order. :P

Reverse Ball: Pokémon with higher catch rates have a lower chance of being caught, and those with low catch rates have a better chance of being caught. Only to a certain degree, however (so not like an Arceus would then have the catch rate of a Magikarp; that'd be broken). Also expensive ($3000 - $5000).

I like the idea of a Season Ball. It sounds interesting and will have a great effect with the season feature. Or perhaps they would have seperate pokéballs for each season, making us spend more pokémoney .-.

$3000-$5000 seems a lot for a pokéball. It would be a poor choice to by 2 and the price is $6000 or $10,000. D:

I'd agree with something better than the Ultra Ball, but they have their specific order from Great to Ultra to Master already. Something like a Champion Ball would be weird. xD;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back