• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokeballs?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    How about actually being able to choose which Pokéballs my Pokémon are in... I'm gonna sount like a nut here, but I like them all to match... which is why I always end up carrying a bag full of regular Pokéballs...

I totally agree with you - I kinda like for every Pokemon to be in regular Pokeballs too. It'd also be useful to be able to change the ball of a Pokemon whose happiness you were trying to improve - like if you're trying to turn Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon, you could switch it to a luxury ball.

Darkmoonazara

Dousuta Sora? Mou Ariga?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2011
    or how about the dead ball. If you have one in your bag and the pokemon faints, it gives you one last chance to try and catch it. It's catch rate would be at its highest since its fainted, but could still escape.

They should! That's how it works in the anime, and i want it to be like that more!

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    Yup, you'd think by now a Pokéball transfer would be included...

If we're sticking directly to new inclusions of Pokéballs here, they should add some in that work better on certain elements. However I particularly like brownkidd's idea of having balls that add a status effect, or though to make it more fair I'd have a 30% chance of status effect...

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2011
    Maybe a Magnet Ball? Works well with Electric and Metal types, I guess, and doesn't work well with Water types.

Turnabout

bonk!
    Years
    There are already quite a few pokeballs but man, I'm dying for more

But mostly, I'd like more variation in the animation effect when a pokemon is sent out, that's normally what determines what ball I use.

I'd sort of like a "present" ball that you can use to catch a pokemon you intend to give to someone as a gift :3

But I'd mostly like more pokeballs that are solely for display... I like the pokeball to look cool orz; So I use a lot of dusk balls and premier balls..

Maybe a few more pokeballs that are trademarks of certain towns? Like souvenirs <3

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    A ball that gave exp to the pokemon you have out while catching the wild one? Like depending on the level of the wild pokemon, or the amount of HP it has or has left, is how much EXP your pokemon gets.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    A ball that gave exp to the pokemon you have out while catching the wild one? Like depending on the level of the wild pokemon, or the amount of HP it has or has left, is how much EXP your pokemon gets.

Or the experience could actually be the amount of experience that the Pokemon gives out when it normally would faint. But yeah, this idea is better than the other idea mentioned somewhere of giving out experience through every capture. I'd actually use this, go around battling weak Pokemon, it'd be wonderful.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    The small ball, makes it easy to catch small balls :)

Or the Virus ball, when a catch is attempted the pokemon is caused to be poisoned, this idea could be improved with thinks like paralyze, burn etc etc.

Although it would mean for more reasons for not having pokemon with thunder wave etc etc :\

Years
    you get 1 Shiny Ball. It has the same strength as a Ultra Ball. If you catch a Pokemon with it. All the off springs of the Pokemon will become Shiny.

:P

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Well, we have a ball that works best at night (Dusk Ball) so why don't they give us a "Light Ball" for something that works better during the day, or something along those lines....

If they keep the Pokeathlon than maybe a ball that will help improve statistics for the Pokemon their?

The possibilities are endless!

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I can give you Confirmation about their being new Pokeballs. This is what Play-asia.com wrote to describe B&W. "Visit the Isshu Region and venture onto the center island where new and legendary Pokemon wait for their new masters. The two powerful Pokemon you can tame in these latest versions are the white, fire breathing Reshiram in Pokemon Black and the black electric user Zekrom in Pokemon White.

Pokemon Black and White connects all the games in the series and brings you even more fun. Aside from Reshiram and Zekrom, you can meet Pokemon with new associations such as the dream controller Muna and the earthquake making Meguroko. Be sure to catch'em all and build your dream team.

Hiyun City is trendy and ultra-modern, explore it as the smart and cool protagonist. Get new Pokemon balls and tools in the Pokemon Centers. You can also get drinks from the handy vending machines around the corner of every street.

There are more 3D graphics and dynamic camera movements to give you the full view of the city, your Pokemon and your enemies. Invite your friends into the game and show off your collection. If you want to connect to the players from other areas, you can upload your game data onto the internet and see if anyone could beat your records" That could either meen that they're WILL be new pokeballs or that you can buy them there if you need some more

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Well, we have a ball that works best at night (Dusk Ball) so why don't they give us a "Light Ball" for something that works better during the day, or something along those lines....

If they keep the Pokeathlon than maybe a ball that will help improve statistics for the Pokemon their?

The possibilities are endless!

You mean like a Dawn Ball... Which makes sense for a counter part of Dusk...

Shiny Ball sounds fun... The Pokemon caught becomes shiny xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    There probably will, I don't want to try guessing because I suck at it. xD
    But, it would be interesting.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    I'd love an Editable Pokeball.
    This pokeball would work just like a regular pokeball.
    But, you will be able to change the color of the ball.
    and change the flash color when a pokemon pops out of it's ball.

Note:
    I hate it when "lets say" a magmar comes out of a greatball... magmar being all red and coming out of a blue flash...
    it's a minor detail, but it irritates me.
    It's a b*tch trying to catch every pokemon with a matching ball.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    I'd love an Editable Pokeball.
    This pokeball would work just like a regular pokeball.
    But, you will be able to change the color of the ball.
    and change the flash color when a pokemon pops out of it's ball.

Note:
    I hate it when "lets say" a magmar comes out of a greatball... magmar being all red and coming out of a blue flash...
    it's a minor detail, but it irritates me.
    It's a b*tch trying to catch every pokemon with a matching ball.

I LOVE THAT IDEA!! REALY GOOD IDEA

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back