• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen New Pokemon Discoveries

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2004
    Hi everyone, my name is khoi.
    This new thread is for, like, if you find something new, you can post it on for everyone to know about it.

So, to begin a new thread, I will share with you one of my discovery.
    Unlike to the other pokemon games, if you want to give your pokemon HP up, or Carbon, Calcium, Protein, Iron, Zinc, and Carbos in Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green, you can't give them a hole bunch of these in one time. You must give them one of each item every time your pokemon grow up 1 level. And of course, they have their own limits, but, if i'm right, they will stop use these items when they reach to level 40.
    Have fun

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • You sure that's true? In which case, that'll make maxing out the stat-boosting items rare in the extreme, cos a) it's so hard to afford those before your pokemon are around L40, and b) make those that are caught above L40 impossible to give these items (especially the ubers like Lugia and Ho-oh, assuming they are the same levels as their Gold and Silver counterparts).

I can live with giving 1 at a time per level, but even if you catch a pokemon at L3 for example, they can only recieve 37 out of 60 potential (if you wanted to max out all stats by using items) of those items. Assuming this L40 limit is true of course, sounds bull to me...

Linksocc

Alakazam Trainer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 28, 2004
    Judging by the way he talks about the items. I'm 95% sure that he doesn't even know how they work in R/S.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2004
    That's why I said "If I'm right..."
    But one thing that I'm very sure that you can only give your pokemon 1 of each item per level, for example, if your pokemon grow 1 level, you can give it 1 Zinc AND 1 Protein AND 1 Iron AND 1 Calcium AND 1 Carbos AND 1 Hp Up (please know the difference between AND and OR). That means that you can raise all of your pokemon stats by 1 per level. If you don't believe it, try it yourself.
    P.S: This is for Pokemon FR and LG, not for Ru/Sa.

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I guess. But not the WHOLE system. The EV is Evolution. You still give pikachu a thunder stone. Besides if that is true you still get Tyrouge to evolve

Linksocc

Alakazam Trainer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 28, 2004
    Firemaker said:
    I guess. But not the WHOLE system. The EV is Evolution. You still give pikachu a thunder stone. Besides if that is true you still get Tyrouge to evolve
    I don't mean EV as in Evolution, but as in Effort Values, I recomend you read this to know more about it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2004
    Linksocc said:
    I don't mean EV as in Evolution, but as in Effort Values, I recomend you read this to know more about it.

I have just read it. And I'm very impressed.
    But the Effort Values that you said just occur when your pokemon defeat a pokemon. The thing that I said still works even when you use Rare Candy.
    And I want to edit what I said a little bit: sometimes you could give to your pokemon more then 1 of each item per level, but still, the minimun is 1 of each item per level.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2004
    Another discovery (just for Pikachu)

You know Pikachu, don't you?
    Well, this discovery is a bit funny about pikachu.
    I have a level 12 Pikachu at the moment, and I recognise one thing:
    the exp. points that Pikachu have to gain from level 1 to the level you want it to be is equal to "the level you want it to be" to the power of 3.
    for example, you have a lvl 1 Pikachu, it'll need 1728 (12 to the power of 3) exp. points to become lvl 12.
    Until now, that formula seems to be right. i'll try to find out more.

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    This is faulse, Evolving pokemon will be the same. The only difference is that for pokemon liek corbat, they connt evolve until you ge tthe national dex.

And 1204 exp to get from 1 - 12 does seem a little bit small of a number XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2004
    Sorry guys
    I do that again (the Zinc, Protein...). I try the method that I told you guys but it doesn't work either. It looks like it depend on the pokemon and how much (zinc, protein...) it allow you to use on that pokemon level, because sometimes, I use about 5 or 10 Zincs but my charmeleon's Sp.Defense doesn't change at all, but it allow me to use 2 Calciums, and it work.
    I'm not sure but I will sill try to find out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2004
    First I want to edit something. It doesn't need to get to lvl 40 so that you can't use Zincs, Proteins... for your Pokemon. I think that they have something to do with the limit.
    Anyway, do you know that there is a girl in Vermilion City Pokemon Center who will give you a Battle Finder (well, I call it like that)? Everytime, when you enter a route (I don't if you could do that when you enter anything else), use it and it will show who you can battle with (just like the PokeGear in Gold/Silver/Crystal:
    - If there is an "!", there is a trainer who you haven't battle (I don't know really).
    - If there is an "X", that's the one you have beaten but you can't battle with again right now.
    - If there is an "!!" and there is someone who keep jumping, you have beaten them and you can battle with that person again right now. But be CAREFUL they will get strong everytime you battle again, and might be stronger than you thought.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2006
    try not to double post instead use the edit button right next to the reply button.....bottom right hand corner!!!

EDIT: see now i have edited my messege :D

SKainuiG

Nomel Holds a Numel Berry
    Years
  • Okay, I don't think I've heard that before. I think I heard of a TV type thing... that's it.

As for the whole EV thing. I doubt they will change how the game operates. The only time they've done that was in GSC when they changed the Special Stat into Sp.Atk and Sp.Def which was for the better. But the main thing there was that Pokemon's IV's still were the same and everything relied on it, and it wasn't really that big of a deal. Changing the mechanics of the game though would just make pokemon from R/S and Colloseum better in my opinion because raising pokemon would be a hassle and almost no one would try any type of special breeding way. Which also makes me wonder if they'll add Pokerus and Macho Brace to fr/lg.

-SKainuiG

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2004
    Sceptiles Master said:
    I got or i know a lot a bout fire red and leaf green by visiting WWW.kyogre.cjb.net
    If you want info a bout legendary pokemon click on side quest or about the misteries islands then click on Mystery island

Thanks for the information. I like it. They're really cool.

Back